2 things I need help with

Home Forums General Discussion 2 things I need help with

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nooneknows
    Participant

I can’t figure out why my line won’t work below. I’m trying to get my train to enter along the black line, crossover at yellow and station on the right then return north via the red bridge. But the line doesn’t find a way unless the central signal is turned to non-“one-way” but that creates the problem that it won’t run along the bridge but back the way it came along the black line. How do I fix it?

Secondly I’ve been having problems where my trains will randomly decide to turn around on its route and go backwards leading to trains bumping noses somewhere along the line. I’m I going to have to switch all signals to “one-way”?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by nooneknows.
    Vindicate
    Participant

Yes make the signals one way. Also stations have their own signals at each end of the platform although we can’t see them, unfortunately this does cause some troubles with train routing as well.

The most foolproof way to do it is either double track everything including the stations and never have the lines cross, or one-way signal a line and have the end loop out from the station and back to rejoin the return line.

Varana
    Participant

For the red/black divide, you need two signals:

One on the black line, shortly before it merges with the other ones, in southward direction.

One on the red line, shortly before it merges with the other ones, in northward direction.

Both set to one-way.

That way, a train coming from the station won’t enter the black line (because the one-way signal prohibits that), and will take the red line. And vice versa, with a train coming from the north.

Unfortunately, you can’t decide which platform on a station is assigned to a line. You can fiddle around until you get what you want, but that’s hit-and-miss and will change every time you alter your line.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.