400 prod limit

Home Forums General Discussion 400 prod limit

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    xynix
    Participant

Is there anyway to modify a file to increase this limit? Seems quite constrained as is.

Luewen
    Participant

Well 400 production of goods can supply many cities.

xynix
    Participant

Thank you for that. It can’t supply enough.

Luewen
    Participant

Well 400 supply from factory supplies about eight 500 pop cities. So should be good for a while.

xynix
    Participant

No it’s not enough for awhile or for now. I didn’t need commentary what I was looking for was a way for prod to be increased higher than 400. Why is there always someone who needs to add that “its fine as it is.”

xynix
    Participant

Let me elaborate on this instead of just being snarky.

I want to connect every city on the largest map together on the outside by a single rail line running people movers. The interior of the map I want to connect every town together via roads from a centralized goods depot like Walmart.

Even if it required multiple sources of Oil for example instead of just one in order to get the limit much higher than 400 that would be fine. A limit of 400 is limiting the way I want to play the game.

bencze
    Participant

The game doesn’t work that way.

Person012345
    Participant

Well I can’t help you with your actual question, but are you saying that if you had multiple 400 prod industries feeding into this depot, that that wouldn’t be enough? That there aren’t enough industries on the map? That sounds unlikely so why is the 400 cap limiting you?

Luewen
    Participant

I think he is trying to get a single production factory to supply all those cities?

Person012345
    Participant

But why? Why not use multiple ones? He has no issues with multiple raw materials factories, why not multiple goods-producing industries?

bencze
    Participant

In Switzerland they don’t know the word monopoly. :p

omoikane
    Participant

There are about 2 times more factories over cities, so it would be no problem until every cities you own want more than 800 goods.

I think 400 limit is not bad because it makes us more than one factory for one city 🙂

As cities grows more and more, cities require less goods per industrial capacity and/or population so that would be no problem.

xynix
    Participant

I want a massive distribution center. I would like to watch the traffic and tweak the transport of goods from a central area to the entire map. If for instance I needed 4 oil wells to allow a refinery to make 1600 goods then that’s fine. In fact that would be awesome. I’ll figure out how to connect those 4 into a massive line to provide the factory with enough oil to make that many goods. Really put 4 long platforms to use pushing oil.

That sounds fun to me.. I feel very limited just linking one raw source to one factory. It’s not like General Motors only has 1 supplier to make all of their cars. Even with a 400 prod oil well to a 400 prod goods factory I only need two trains and a single small platform. There is nothing to solve there.. Simply drop a few trucks or a train, connect the dots, and let the goods get to the closet town. The same thing would apply to a 1600 oil/1600 goods by the way.. sure longer trains but really nothing to solve.

I really don’t think this is asking for much just a higher limit on goods production and a justifiable reason as to why. It’s not really a train game, it’s a logistics game, and having my logistical skills challenged if I so choose should be part of the game play.

Tattoo
    Participant

I feel the same as xynix. As it is now, the trains needed is only 4 to 6 cars long. To me that’s boring. I’d also like them to produce more to get longer trains to run longer distances.

As it is now, there are too many industries all clogging up the map. I’d rather have this game more like Locomotion or TTD where just a few industries supplies the whole map, meaning longer trains with higher/heavier payloads.

AND it would be cool to have more than one type of goods like in Locomotion and TTD.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tattoo.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.