A Different Kind of Freight Question

Home Forums General Discussion A Different Kind of Freight Question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ErstO
    Participant

On my third map and by chance all the cargo gods lined up,  its the 1920’s and between multiple train and truck routes I have succeeded in supplying all the cities with all the cargo they need except for one, 48/50 so even that one will be maxed out soon.

So now demand is slowing and even though there is capacity in goods and resources they are slowing production and I’m starting to lose money on some of the truck routes.

Question is,  how or when will demand grow, my passenger lines are fast with only a few empty seats so I cant move more people.

Whats the best strategy here,  sell off some trucks or keep taking the loss for a while until demand grows?

jm764
    Participant

The best thing to do is try to slow the trucks down abit (try making the trips times 10 seconds longer). Also cities grow better if intercity traffic is low so try adding more buses/trams in your cities.

ErstO
    Participant

Thanks,  I didnt slow down the trucks,  but I did look at the bus and tram routes and discovered I was not keeping up with demand,  made lots of tram improvements and added a few bus routes,  ten game years latter and I am back to figuring out how to get more goods to the cities 🙁

vinkandoi
    Participant

The only option here is to make your cities grow and in order to do that you will have to connect several cities via train or bus lines. A city grows faster if it is connected to multiple destinations. More the destinations, faster the growth.

Traian Trante
    Participant

To grow the demand make sure the industries have acces to passenger transportation. The industries themelfes will grow that way.

ErstO
    Participant

To grow the demand make sure the industries have acces to passenger transportation. The industries themelfes will grow that way.

wow,  thats a new thought,  are you saying that adding a bus route to an industry can help it grow?

Traian Trante
    Participant

it can. the existing industries will develop if they get workforce.

ErstO
    Participant

Thanks Traian,  I’ll give it a try,  since updated my bus an tram routes the cities are growing way faster then my industries.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.