A few my suggestions for new game

Home Forums General Discussion A few my suggestions for new game

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

…if this game about trains of course. 😀

Hi Urban Games!

First of all sorry for my English, it still very bad. 😀
    Second – sorry if this ideas already suggested on this forum – unfortunately it is a little complicated for me to read all suggestions threads.

So, my first suggestion – dependence mass of train by loading. Actually it would be very-very nice and for Train Fever. Particularly with soviet\russian vehicles we have some trouble with it, because mass of empty cistern (for example) ~20t, and mass of empty passenger waggon 52t, so, well, you understand. 😀

Second suggestion is very important: it about economy and prices on vehicles and infrastructure.

It would be very nice to add some realistic here. For example, IRL electrification is very expensive process, it has the meaning only on lines with high train traffic or with difficult terrain profile. In Train Fever it looks more like just click-click, steam and diesel trans becomes almost unnecessary immediately after electric locomotives appears.

With this electric locos and trains in most cases should be much more expensive than diesel. They are cheaper in service, but I think players should understand: they need a lot of money for electrification, and it will pay off only with high traffic here.

Something like this. c:

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I have also noticed that empty freight trains weigh the same as loaded freight trains which is daft and unrealistic.  In hilly terrain were the mine or forest is located higher than the processing plant it should be possible to use smaller locomotives, as gravity would assist the descending (loaded) trains leaving the loco to haul the empty (lighter) trains back up the hill.

I also agree that electrification should be very expensive to install initially, then the electric trains should have significantly lower purchase price, running costs and a longer life.

Bkim
    Participant

Is it not possible that Urban games will go for a complete new genre?

vinkandoi
    Participant

This time, a more move towards OpenTTD is expected. Instead of micromanaging each passenger and cargo unit (causing technical and gameplay issues), a more simutrans like structure will be appreciated.

Enzojz
    Participant

I’d like to see flying junction in the new game

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

You can make flying junction in the existing game. …….. What you can’t make is a bog standard normal flat junction on the convergence of two double track lines!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bkim, it is possible of course, that’s reason why I write first string. 😀 But if I’m understand right, new game will in the same genre. 🙂

RAAndre
    Participant

I just wanted to add that I have recently bought Tranz – A New Era (being on a constantly frustrating search for THE NEW Transport Tycoon, which it is not – WHY CAN’T ANYONE DO THIS!!!).  Anyway. I am greatly impressed with the detail.  The trains themselves look great.  They use actual real names and logos with many of the old classics which is very cool like the “New Haven”.  Switch points actually move.  The railroad signals work and look very realistic.  The road crossings are exactly detailed and impressive – huge American style overhead gantrys with flashers.

It can snow or rain or do e*verything in between.  It’s visually stunning in many ways.  Taking that level of visual graphics and adding Transport Tycoon/Locomotion game play seems like a doable project.  There is obviously interest in a modern TTD, but no one seems to be able to do it even though the game is like 20 years old!

I am sure the developers know every competitive game out there, so they must be aware of TANE.  Bring your game up to that level of realism with better TTD game play, add some needed improvements (like building roads over rails, new track construction possibilities, improved industrial production with new and changing industries), add some new features (like container seaports to import/export goods), and you will have a successful new game.

Somebody needs to do this – it might as well be you guys!

Geneo
    Participant

I too have TANE, but (Open)TTD and TANE are two different animals.
    One is a game, the other a simulation.

It took them several years to write TANE.  I don’t want to wait that long.   I too marvel at the detail, but (and excuse me for saying so) it’s for the excessively detailed train freaks (they’ll come unglued if a train whistle doesn’t sound right, or the color scheme wasn’t available at that time, for that engine).

If they’re gonna do a new game (hopefully about trains) I hope they do an updated TTD, with much better graphics (one look at OpenTTD and you’ll see that should be easy), more industries/goods, etc.

I’ve tried Locomotion, CIM2, Freight Tycoon Inc., Industry Empire, Industry Giant 2, Industry Transporters, OpenTTD, and Transport Giant.  I’m looking for something like Sid Meier’s Railroads!, but without the cartoony graphics, much larger maps, and based on mostly on industrial transportation (with some people moving thrown in).

Course, what I’m envisioning for the “perfect” game for me is different than the one for you.  They’ll never be the “perfect” game for everyone.

electricmonk2k
    Participant

Is it not possible that Urban games will go for a complete new genre?

According to this article, a reference is made to tram tracks in their next game – “We will also treat you with a widely requested improvement initially developed for our next game: Tram tracks can finally be electrified and therefore get the long awaited catenary.”. This would imply that their next game is also going to involve transportation of some sort. With luck, it might even be “Transport Fever” – Train fever with boats and planes and many of the often-requested improvements.

Bkim
    Participant

I do hope that the next game will be a sequel to TF with an engine that gives the devs more possibilities to exploit all TF requests. But we can only wait for the new blog…(which is taking way to long). No pressure 🙂

Tom
    Keymaster

Just to let you know: I´m still reading everything on the forum with great interest!

And yes, no blog this time, as we are very busy with a lot of other things including preparing the patch. 🙂

Enzojz
    Participant

You can make flying junction in the existing game. …….. What you can’t make is a bog standard normal flat junction on the convergence of two double track lines!

Yes, we can, but making flying junction without bothered by bridge is such a damm painful way as following!

We really need this because flying junction like following is very very general in europe.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Enzojz.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Enzojz.
    bobo90
    Participant

I like the current game very much, but understandably there are many flaws and things missing being their first game. In the suggestions fixes tab there are also many good ideas. It would be way easier to build a flying junction if the tunnel mouth and slope would be able to have straight walls. This would also make mountain railways more aesthetic by making steeper cuttings or building elevated railways in cities. On the other hand bridge pillars should be able to be place more dynamic so you can cross other infrastructure easier or build elevated metro systems.

Another thing that would be fun to have is the fact that the railway signals, rail track gauge and electrification have their own specifications, so you will have to replace the older ones in time to have greater capacity, safety or the highest allowed speed. So you will have to change to light signals and cab centered controls in time. Coming to safety, the options of trains failing and stuff like that would be fun and so be able to change the maintenance budget to optimize this. With other transport company’s like in OTTD you would also have to change these if you want to make you’re newly bought railways inter operable. Or build trams and metro systems that will be cheaper by having other specifications.

Also the station building should be revised. Building platforms should be done by draging platforms next to rails and afterwords ‘upgrading’ the platforms by deciding how to put the platform roofing. That way you can do simple changes to the station without having to demolish the whole station. If you really want to have a special station, like liege ore something, you could have some restrictions like the platforms have to be straight for a certain distance. Also having 2 exits will be more easy and you can have 2 different kind of exits. You can keep the old exit on one side have the majestic entrance and adding a more modern exit on the other side so they look more like stations do nowadays. I do think thought it is important to have the ability to building the stations from 3 different approaches, either by first building the track, the platform or the station main entrance. I also think that there should be an interface to build underground stations so you can put railways underground or built metro systems with other specs as mentioned above.

Bkim
    Participant

@Enzojz: When i see those pics only think: “HOW DID HE DO THAT!” I barely manage to create a nice tunnel. After hundered hours of gameplay i finally know how to build a road over a track. Looking great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.