A problem with some mods

Home Forums Modding A problem with some mods

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nemo1985
    Participant

I tried many mods (new trains mostly), I bought a BayS3_6 in game then I used it for a couple of years and then sold.
    The problem is that now when I clean the res directory from the files of this mod I’m unable to load the savegame. I’ve sold the locomotive years ago in game. I also have the same problem with the blockers, I tried to put one or two in the game, but didn’t like them, now i’m unable to delete the mod. If I load the game in a vanilla copy of train fever I get this message:
    File: depot/blocker.mdl
    cannot open res/models/depot/blocker.mdl: no such file or directory
    bla bla bla
    Is there a way to clean my savegame?
    Thank you.

Tattoo
    Participant

no

Nemo1985
    Participant

Lol
    And why not, kind sir?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Nemo1985.
    Tattoo
    Participant

That’s something you’d have to ask the DEVs, sorry.

Nemo1985
    Participant

Ill try…
    Thank you man.

Tattoo
    Participant

any time

Lowell
    Participant

As the game makes saves…it lists what stuff is used during said game. If you change items or remove models the game has listed from a given saved game list, the game will not load that list anymore…hence crash.

So it is not the “mods” that are any problem. It is the way “any” game saves content that is used in each game scenario.

Nemo1985
    Participant

Got it… At least now I know why save files gets bigger and bigger, if they store removed vehicles and buildings…

DK115
    Participant

At least you can bring back your game to Vanilla:

– Go to Steam.  Right click on Train Fever and select “properties.” Select the tab titled “Local Files” and then click on the lowest option “Verify Integrity of Game Cache.”

– Use Traing Fever Mod Manager to manage your mods.

http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/486-Train-Fever-Game-Manager/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by DK115.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.