A slight issue with my cargo. A plea for help

Home Forums General Discussion A slight issue with my cargo. A plea for help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MattDirty
    Participant

Hi everyone !

I’m running into a problem with my cargo line. It used to transport Goods to 6 cities. It was working fine (and actually still is) but due to the cities expansion, it is now not producing enough. I have a big Oil Refinery delivering to all 6 cities and it was just great until the city demands went above the 400 production cap. So I thought : Well let’s add another production, that way with their power combined they should meet the demand. I draw a pretty bad resume of my situation with the help of the best drawing software on the market right now :

EDIT : Meh, the image even look worse on the forum than it really is. Try to right click click and show image if it’s not readable. Or click this link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/mugqg302melqldi/TrainSimProblem.png?dl=0

As you can see, the line is circular, the train delivers each city one after the other and come back right next to production 1 to refill and start again. When I added Production 2, My hope was that they will fill there too.

The problem is that Production 1 keeps getting all the “contracts” for the goods (when a city grows its goods demands, it asks Production 1) and since there is the cap at 400, production 1 can’t keep up. I’d love to see Production 1, share with production 2. Is there a way to do that ?

Sorry if it’s not clear, english is not my first language, if you have question I’ll be more than happy to answer !

Thanks boys !

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by MattDirty.
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi Matt!

I would be happy to have a look into it. Any chance you can send me your save game?

Best,
    Tom

MattDirty
    Participant

Hi Tom !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rylnmqpuizyy5yl/gewonnen%20maybe.sav?dl=0

There it is.

By the way, I’m going for the challenge only train until Y2K, and I usually love my busses, that’s why it’s messy :p

PS : Cheers from Neuchâtel, keep up the good work !

admin
    Keymaster

Hello!

Just to double check. Did you to just let it run for a while? I took some time but I had the impression that it shifts. First the target of industries was somewhere around 40 (sawmill) and about 470 (refinery) which over time changed to 100 and 440.

Best,
    Tom

PS: Neuchâtel, what a nice place! I envy you a little bit 😉 … and good luck with the challenge. It is my favorite one.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by admin.
    MattDirty
    Participant

Hey !

Thanks for taking the time to test it, I tried to let it run a while too without interfering and it seems that the sawmill is picking up some of the deliveries. But the towns are still not fully delivered 🙁

Anyway got to Y2K so I guess I’ll start again and if I do a loop I’ll connect a second production center earlier, might make a difference 🙂

Kisses, Xoxo and all that,

Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.