Aesthetics

Home Forums General Discussion Aesthetics

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    razor1952
    Participant

One of TF strengths is its beauty, Sure you can zoom in to get rid of Icons but can you get rid of them in the zoom out view, if not a simple toggle to clear everything not part of the scene would be cool and I can’t imagine difficult to implement. Failing that does anyone know how to edit( zooming?) of icons ?

Stonedashell
    Participant

Not found it yet (as a mod) but there are some on http://www.Train-fever.net that change the size or colors, maybe there is one to disable them, take a look there.

Tattoo
    Participant

No, there are no mods to disable the icons but there is one that removes the depot icons. but all that is is new textures that use the alpha channel to make it invisible.

The only other way I know of to not see all of the icons is to select the demolition tool. Selecting that disables all of the icons.

bv
    Participant

Even worse than all the useless icons are the even more useless red and green numbers that comes popping up every time money is made or used. If I want to see the financial situation, a menu is better for thqt.

razor1952
    Participant

Thanks for the reply , found out the HUD graphics is what I need to modify . There is mod for larger icons , not quite what I want.

razor1952
    Participant

used paint.net (download for free) changed visibility of hud graphic to off and save (make sure as 32 bit not compressed ) and hey presto no more millions of tram/bus stops

Tattoo
    Participant

I’d like to have a toggle for the icons too. I don’t like seeing all of them damn icons all of the time. I only need them when destroying a station or setting up the line. After that, they’re useless. I might just do what razor1952 did myself.

@razor1952
    , how did you ‘changed visibility of hud graphic to off and save’? The icons are images so I don’t understand what you did. Did you just change the aplha channel in the icon image? Is that what you mean? I haven’t looked at them yet so not sure how to do it.

Thanks for the idea tho.

razor1952
    Participant

drop the hud tga file into pint.net look at the layers and you will see a visibility check box , uncheck and save (not compressed) . if you mess it up as I did initially just verify files in steam and start again. Btw the tram stop icons appeared when i made a new line then dissappeared again …!

razor1952
    Participant

The most logical thing is the icons appear when you open the lines menu or the stops menu, same for vehicles /towns etc you only need to see them when changing or making stuff. I would also like to get rid of those red expense numbers. The green numbers are useful for me when I replace a train , wait till its dropped its load/money then send to depot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.