after build 4688 game crashes like crazy

Home Forums Support after build 4688 game crashes like crazy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    medopu
    Participant

Hi. I’m new to this game.

I bought the game on steam, so please don’t ban me, if i ‘pirated it’ a day before, just to see what this game is all about.

So I played this old build of Train Fever. I had maximum graphics settings, played from 1850 to 1940 with no laggs, and not 1 crash.

So i uninstalled it and went on steam to buy the game.

Now i bought Train Fever on steam, and after i bought it and installed, i’m up to date with all the patches, but the game crashes all the time 🙁 I even significantly lowered graphics settings, and it still lags and after a while, it crashes.

All this is happening on a small map size, and as game goes on, the crashes and laggs become more frequent.

I5  3450 – 3.2 ghz quad

4 gb RAM

nVidia 260 gtx

Any suggestions?

mikael

What’s your steam-display name? try to find yourself here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/search/?text=medopu&x=0&y=0

Do you get any message when it crashes?

Have you the latest gpu drivers?

What’s your OS?

medopu
    Participant

my steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/medopu

os is windows  7 – 64 bit.

i’m not sure if i have the latest gpu drivers. Would updating  help? It’s funny because mostly, my pc can run most games just fine. Even train fever worked fine, with an older build. I’ll install latest gpu drivers, and report if it works.

medopu
    Participant
    mikael

Try if it works with the latest driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/77224/en-us

Have you set the Textures to “Low” in the graphics settings?

Delete the textures_cache folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<user-number>\304730\local before starting. This might take a few seconds after loading.

medopu
    Participant

I did what you told. It’s playable now. It’s very very  choppy / laggy with fast zoom-ins and fast zoom-outs, but it’s playable! Thanks.

Thanks for helping me! 🙂

Do you have any hardware update recommendation? Maybe a graphics card that can run this game on medium at least? (resolution 1920×1200) ? Because i don’t have a good feeling in my head, if I play on lowest graphics settings.

mikael

Without ssao and reflections we have good performance with the same card.

After viewing the whole map, does it still feel laggy?

Yes for high resolutions a better graphics card is always a good idea.

medopu
    Participant

it is sometimes laggy, then stops lagging for 30 minutes, then lags again. At least it doesn’t crash, which is the most important for me. I don’t care if it laggs a bit. I’ll get used to it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.