After update to new version: significantg error

Home Forums Support After update to new version: significantg error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Samvincent
    Participant

When you want to start a new game you can choose advanced options where you can add mods from the lsit of installed mods. However, if you have a quite significant long list of installed mods like me, after some added mods you can not add any more as the buttons to add them would dissappear.

Check the attached screenshot – and I haven’t add all my mods, just as much as necessary to demonstrate the issue….

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Samvincent.
    simonmd
    Participant

So you can’t scroll? That is a BIG issue as the list of mods anyone has is only going to get longer!

Samvincent
    Participant

No, at the moment it is not possible. So, they need to fix this issue.

Pasi
    Participant

Again, just very sloppy programming. Unfortunately this doesn’t stop on this kind of issues but the whole game is riddled with things like this, which are very simple UI issues and could have been sorted with careful design and planning. Like pressing the automatic renewal button on the line list. That takes you to the line window, but not to the automatic replacement window which would be the correct, user friendly and logical place.

Or that the line windows / vehicle windows opened, are always flying all over the screen rather than opening right next to the mouse cursor. Yes, they try to show the direction where the line / vehicle is but i think that’s just by accident as in reality code would like to open it on top of the line / vehicle and if it isn’t in the picture, it can’t be done.

There was a great idea for the game and many good ideas, unfortunately Urban Games tried to do more than they could and total lack of experience on game development lead to the current situation. Game can be played but it pisses you off frequently with it’s ridicilous ways of doing things and limiting the game play.

I wish devs would come up and say it openly “Sorry guys, we dropped the ball on this one. Lesson learned, things will be better on Train Fever 2. Meanwhile, please bear with us and work with us while we fix this current game as well as it is possible due to engine limitations”. That at least in my eyes would buy a lot of respect and many things would be forgiven and the preorder for the TF2 could be made without even seeing the product. But should that fail, then it would be game over.

Urban games, please have a look at Cities: Skylines development team and how they handle everything. That is examplary way of taking care of customer relations.

simonmd
    Participant

HERE, HERE! Well said that man!

I think this is what annoys me more as well, the fact that Urban Games have done nothing but give out a ‘we don’t give a shit about you or the game’ attitude. The bloody stupid thing is that they HAVE got a great game here, which is why many of us persevere with it, yet EVERYTHING they do is half hearted and bodged. I can’t wait until MArch 10th when Skylines comes out, Paradox know what theyre doing and if they DO make a mistake, you can be sure they will have the balls to admit it, not like these idiots.

dustandechoes91
    Participant

Update bug

I get a similar issue. Once you hit a certain number of mods, you can no longer load your save as the “start” button is pushed off the page with no way to scroll down.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Pasi said:

Urban games, please have a look at Cities: Skylines development team and how they handle everything. That is examplary way of taking care of customer relations.

Are you sure that’s what you want?  That’s the same team who gave us CIM2!  That game had at least as many bugs as Train-Fever when first launched.  The difference was that instead of fixing them like the Urban Games team is doing, they spent their time making expensive DLCs to make even more money.  Then they abandoned the game to move on to Cities Skylines so they could make even more money!

Look for yourself : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?816972-I-feel-betrayed

simonmd
    Participant

I have CIM2 and see nothing wrong with it, it plays well, looks great and is great fun and very satisfying. I have heard they had issues at the start but Paradox have gone on record to say they KNOW they screwed up and that they have learnt lessons from it which have been applied to Skylines.

Once, just ONCE i’d like to see Urban Games admit they got something wrong but it’s all denial, silence or “will be fixed in next patch…” which it never is…..

Samvincent
    Participant

Can someone from the developpers look at this and give an answer/perspective?

simonmd
    Participant

Well, seems they have answered, in a fashion, by releasing a patch today fixing the above issue!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.