Another call for map generation options!

Home Forums General Discussion Another call for map generation options!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    grimdanfango
    Participant

Hi again,

Back to suggest to the devs, as ever, that I think the game would be made vastly more diverse and interesting with a few fairly basic map generation options.

Specifically, non-square map sizes, so we can have longer, thinner maps without massively increasing memory requirements.

…and control over water-level, or number of rivers, or number/size of lakes, or just about anything to give some control over coastline.

My original thread:

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/i-really-hope-dev-focus-shifts-to-map-generation-options/

As I’ve mentioned in a patch comments section – it’d be great to hear developer thoughts on this, even if it’s just to tell us that none of this is feasible and that I should stop going on about it month after month 😛

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I agree let hear if this possible.  Can we have a comment from Urban Games, please?

gcampono
    Participant

I also agree. Maps are one of the aspects that need more improvement… every play feels the same.

A map editor would even be better 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

There is absolutely no reason to stop telling us what you would like to see in the game …

Just bear in mind that not everything will be possible, because the wishlist so far would be long enough to spend years on the implementation. 😉

But I will make sure this one makes it on the list that we will consider for the next update!

Tom

Traian Trante
    Participant

Yeah, i would kiss the feet of the devs if they give us a map editor…..

grimdanfango
    Participant

There is absolutely no reason to stop telling us what you would like to see in the game …

Just bear in mind that not everything will be possible, because the wishlist so far would be long enough to spend years on the implementation. ;)

But I will make sure this one makes it on the list that we will consider for the next update!

Tom

Fantastic!  Thanks muchly for the response!  It’s my hope that these suggestions would not only improve the game for us existing fans, but in the case of expanded water options, would also yield appealing screenshots which would help bring in more of the attention it deserves.

I look forward to seeing what the future brings 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.