Another OpenGL error at startup

Home Forums Support Another OpenGL error at startup

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Haxor
    Participant

david.rohrer@datazug.ch

I couldn’t really find the graphics card drivers on Lenovo’s site, and I use nvidia not AMD.

I Installed some drivers that were from nvidia, but they were for display, so I dunno if it was the graphics card.

I also can’t find those settings in BIOS (After clicking F2 which is the setup config). I have changed graphic card setting from switchable to UMD, but I think it’s the really default one (or the Intel’s). I dunno what I really did.. I just can’t use nvidia card now for sure. I have found that I would need to modify my BIOS (In pretty complex way..) to make the change graphic setting from “dynamic” to “fixed” option available. I’m not sure if it’s even worth it.

mikael

I’m not so sure which Lenovo laptop you’re using.

You can find some drivers on the Lenovo support page. for example:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e330

Haxor
    Participant

I have G580, I have found the exact page, just with name of my laptop, but still couldn’t find it.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g580-notebook?c=1

mikael

In the Component dropdown you’ll find Display and Video Graphics.

If you select this, you’ll get The nvidia drivers like:
    Nvidia Optimus VGA Driver for Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit) – Lenovo G480 (2688, 20156), G580 (2689, 20157)

Haxor
    Participant

Yeah, I think that’s the one I downloaded.

I will try again.

zhree1
    Participant

Getting the Open GL error whenever I try to run the game. Any advice is appreciated! OpenGL Extensions viewer

Haxor
    Participant

@zhree1

You have the same problem as mine, I can’t get my better card to work either.

Haxor
    Participant

Bumper

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.