Another performance update ?

Home Forums Support Another performance update ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    brunna
    Participant

I am playing in 2007 in a big map with a lots of train and road lines and I have good FPS when the game is paused but when i start it then I have low FPS especially when I put down the camera… When I watch everything from above then I have more FPS.
    Another problem: When I want to built a new track  (rail or road) I can build fast but when I want to connect two track then I have to wait about a minute (what is long during the game)
    I therefore believe that this cause it to the cities is growing then I have to wait a very long time (3-4 or 5 minute) what is horrible… :S

When I had less lines and the map had less cars and population then the FPS was higher…

I tested the game with low and high settings but the situation is same

I have windows 8.1 x64, AMD R9 270x  2Gb with the newest driver and AMD FX 8350 8x4Ghz and 8Gb Ram and about 40GB Free space in the main hard drive…I think my pc is enough… I am playing with the Far Cry 4 with ultra settings 40-70 FPS 😀 (average 40-60)

I think that the Train Fever is simpler game than Far Cry 4 😀 And it must run faster with a high end PC… :S

This is my favourite game and I would like to spend a lot of time with it but I cannot take this much lagging…

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by brunna.
    coujou
    Participant

Yes, I would also like to know, if there is something being prepared. Please, devs, can you tell us? I don’t have such a good computer as the guy above, but I’m somehow able to play more HW demanding games. This game is just wonderful regardless to all its issues, but it is not funny with lags since my biggest town has 600 inhabitants on the middle sized map. Maybe you could add an option to turn off the people and cars in the streets. The gamers with powerful PCs can have it on, the rest of us can turn it off. Yes, maybe the streets will look a bit dull then, but I’d rather take a lagless ride on my train than watch crowds in the streets.

Dear developers, show us, that you are not ignoring this forum and tell us, if you are planning a higher performance, so even people with older computers can play large maps until 2200 and so.

coujou
    Participant

Sad to see the devs answering newer questions and ignoring this one… I think, that poor performance is the biggest issue of this great game. Nobody is saying “Solve it now!”, we just want to know, if you are going to do that and what we can expect.

mikael

We try to answer as many questions and threads as possible while working on additional updates.

In the near future we will get back to performance issues (especially when playing large scenes), and we will develop another performance improvement patch. It’s not clear if we can make it in this year, but if not, it will come in the next year for sure.

The next update will focus on usability.

vinkandoi
    Participant

Currently I am having lags after 1930 on medium map with all settings lowered (except choosing 16 bit texture). I am avoiding large maps for now. Quick work around would be to provide an even lower setting that disables smoke in the city.

Nice to hear that a performance patch will be there even if it is after this year.

uzurpator
    Participant

Ad-Hoc options needed:

Display limited particles off/on – if turned off then smoke coming off town buildings is turned off ( we want our steam engines to smoke, thank you very much 🙂 )

Display actors off/on – if turned off then people roaming the streets are not displayed

Display town buildings off/on – if turned off, then town buildings are not displayed. Instead a rectangle footprint coloured after the building purpose ( leasiure, residental, industrial, commercial ) is displayed.

Display Catenary off/on – if turned off then electric poles are not displayed.

gGeorg
    Participant

Good point uzurpator. I have heard people who said : The proper logistic sim dont need so fancy 3D graphic. Well maby such flat-out would please someone. 😀

Anyway I would switch off catenary immediately, I cant afford AA so it looks awfully.

FX2K
    Participant

Another few options / things I would like to see, which may bring me back to playing the game.

Add a new settings option for Civ Simulation Level. This would no doubt be of huge benefit

High: Civ’s 10,000. Scale of Ticket Prices – 100% (as it is now)
    Medium: Civ’s 5,000. Scale of Ticket Prices – 200%
    Low: Civs 2,500. Scale of Ticket Prices – 400%

Also scaling the building populations too. Basically ‘sim city style number fudging’ but player controlled for performance reasons.

Display PIP more intelligently:

Vehicle replacement notifications – remove the popup window or at least que them so they don’t all pop up at once killing the performance.

A single vehicle info window which is reused when you select another vehicle, with the ability to ‘pin’ one so it can remain open and exclusive if the player desires.

Buying multiple vehicles not to open multiple vehicle info windows, don’t open any.

PIP causes major drops in performance, so the above three would help a lot.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by FX2K.
    vinkandoi
    Participant

I am in the year 1990 medium map low settings.  Lag is so much that I no longer want to continue the game. I have to leave the game unwillingly and start a new game on small map. Performance update should be on top of the list.

My rig is

core I7 2700k, Radeon HD 6850, 4GB RAM

tlatting
    Participant

Yes, I believe performance should be at the top of the list.

I am running a 4.2GHz AMD processor, AMD Radeon HD 7800 2GB VRAM, 8GB RAM

There should be zero problems running this game, yet it lags so bad I wish I had never bought the game. I cannot even play it without pulling all my hair out wishing the devs would come out with a patch for this problem!

This looks like a game with potential, but I don’t think its worth $35 in the current state. The game is practically unplayable.

Note to Devs, whatever you do, DO NOT blame my computer. I have zero problems playing ANY game on the market right now. So it is not my drivers or settings. This is a game issue, and I would like to see a patch in the near future so I can enjoy the game like I intended when I bought it.

Michael1110
    Participant

I too have this performance problem, to the point of the game becoming unplayable on a large map and the later stages of the game.

It runs somewhat smooth while being paused, but once I unpause it’s close to unplayable slow and stuttering.

I was living with that when another problem started: At almost every month’s end the game freezes up 1 min so far!!! (up to two mins with the new patch : (  ) Important here also is that while it is frozen, if I click or try to minimize the game and do something else in the mean time it crashes with the following information:

Faulting application name: TrainFever.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54776992
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000027b0b
    Faulting process id: 0x214
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0125c5cd1b112
    Faulting application path: X:\GAMES\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Train Fever\TrainFever.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 91f8bc10-7e69-11e4-a0c0-005056c00008

The program TrainFever.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 788
    Start Time: 01d012d0f8f06fd0
    Termination Time: 1093
    Application Path: X:\GAMES\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Train Fever\TrainFever.exe
    Report Id: 54a97556-7ed3-11e4-a0c0-005056c00008

My computers resources are being barely used. Only two of my eigth threads (Quad Core, 8 threads) are being fully used. My GPU also is bored, being used MORE during the Game minimized that during play^^

Hardware: Intel 3770K, AMD R9 290, 16 GB RAM

Also, since the new Patch 4831/4820 my stdout.txt keeps growing (about 14 mb after 40 mins of playing) with the following line being repeated:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    d:\urban\steam_build_x64\release\src\game\engine\glcontext.cpp:302: GL error 0x502
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also during the freezes the stderr.txt likes to give the following information repeatetly back:

d:\urban\steam_build_x64\release\src\lib\cgashape\splitter.cpp:30: Verification of `m_fSumAbs <= m_fSize + EPS’ failed (27.75 > 27.001).
    d:\urban\steam_build_x64\release\src\game\procedural\buildings\buildingtyperep.cpp:296: Verification of `false’ failed.
    d:\urban\steam_build_x64\release\src\game\transport\path_util.cpp:48: Verification of `dist > .0f’ failed (-1.62423e-006 <= 0).
    d:\urban\steam_build_x64\release\src\game\procedural\buildings\buildingtyperep.cpp:296: Verification of `false’ failed.

So for me too, a performance update is quite needed to be able to continue enjoying train fever : /

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Michael1110.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Michael1110. Reason: Correction
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Michael1110.
    coujou
    Participant

Sooo, any news? Haven’t heard anything from the devs for a month. I hope you are not going to tell us, that US DLC is the priority and performance issues will be solved after that…

Michael1110
    Participant
    coujou
    Participant

Wow, something we really didn’t know! “In a future patch”… That’s cute… Future patch means few days or few months? As usual, the devs say nothing.

simonmd
    Participant

Typical response there.

The next update will focus on usability.

Like what, fucking up the main road connection and opening depot doors so we can see you’ve not bothered to texture the floor inside??

Absolute fucking joke. Performance is the ONLY thing they should be working on, WTF is the point of anything else if most of us can’t run the fucking thing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.