Anti Virus News?

Home Forums General Discussion Anti Virus News?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    GavNormandale
    Participant

Hi, any new on the state of play with the anti virus updates?

Running McAfee and getting tired of having to go through the same routine every time i want to play, it has been a few weeks since release and expected it to be sorted by now!

cheers

Gav

Rayden
    Participant

It’s obvious more an anti-virus problem than a game problem. Most of the people install anti-virus programs but don’t know how to customize it to work the way they want. That’s a false positive, but as per default most anti-virus programs immediately deletes to quarantine any suspicious file. First you must disable that automation by requesting you to confirm any deletion before it happens. When that happens either you confirm the deletion of the file, or if you know that it is a false positive, you can create an exception for that file, so when the anti-virus scans it again, it knows not to put the file into quarantine and ignore it. Look for info on false positives, or exceptions at the McAfee website or through Google.

FX2K
    Participant

Have you contacted McAfee or sent the supposedly suspect file to them for analysis?

The more people that do this, the quicker they are likely to resolve it I would think.
    After all, its McAfee that need to release an update, not the TF devs

Emeg
    Participant

McAfee has fixed the issue, I can now start Train Fever with the real time scanner being active.

jacko1144
    Participant

thats not the case, i can’t start the game without switching the scanner off

GavNormandale
    Participant

Hi, had sent an email to McAfee with no reply.

thanks for the heads up Emeg. working fine now

Have you updated McAfee Jacko? It does update automatically but yours may not have yet

Gav

jacko1144
    Participant

thanks for that gav, yes i have but i’ve had no joy, really p****ed now as it is working for everyone else. 🙁

Emeg
    Participant

That’s very weird jacko1144, how is this possible? In my case the McAfee issue has been solved.

jacko1144
    Participant

ah thanks emeg thats made me feel a lot better, is there anyone else that can’t load the game without switching McAfee scanner off

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.