Antivirusprogramm McAfee isoliert Datei

Home Forums Support Antivirusprogramm McAfee isoliert Datei

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    mikas24
    Participant

I’ve found out that we can send the file to virus_research@mcafee.com so that they can analyze and exclude it.
    Have anyone one done it already?
    Thanks
    Michael

FX2K
    Participant

I’ve found out that we can send the file to virus_research@mcafee.com so that they can analyze and exclude it.Have anyone one done it already?

I dont use McAfee and don’t have this issue, but have recently had similar with my own software and Avast.

I only posted to say, everybody with the issue should do as mikas24 pointed out.  McAfee are the ones who need to resolve the issue with their system which is clearly a false accusation, that this game has a virus, which it does not.

If everybody sent the file to whom they pay to protect their system (or in the case of AVG etc, use for free) then surely the AV company providing the false information will have to get their act into gear and issue a patch… and in my opinion an apology.

It took Avast 2 days to resolve the issue where it reported my software as a virus after a live update.. Only 2 days and they streamed an update out to all their users and apologised for the inconvenience they caused me and I am not a customer of theirs, never have been.  If McAfee cannot resolve this for their paying customers, then you.. the paying customer.. should be forwarding your complaints directly to them.

Edit: If you want some kind of confirmation that the file is not a virus, upload it to VirusTotal.com
    Its pretty clear that with a detection ratio of 4/55 (2 of those being McAfee and 2 that I have never heard of) it is a false positive.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/32db55e118aefe43a9edab12a35d4ea71b9ad1e6c784e7094011cfb2fec1447a/analysis/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by FX2K.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by FX2K.
    mikas24
    Participant

I’ve just successfully submitted a sample to Mcafee Labs.
    I’ve got this reply. So let’s wait:

McAfee Labs – Beaverton                                                               

Current Scan Engine Version:5600.1067                                                 

Current DAT Version:7574.0000                                                         

Thank you for your submission.                                                         

Analysis ID: 9154281

File Name            Findings                       Detection                    Type         Extra

——————–|——————————|—————————-|————|—–

994e.zip            |inconclusive                  |                            |            |no  

inconclusive [994e.zip]                                                                           

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.                                                

Note –                                                                                 

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important that all        

submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password – infected). Some 

products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in this way. In  

addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been infected, to find     

later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was cleaned somewhere   

along the line.                                                                        

Regards,                                                                              

McAfee Labs                                                                           

mikas24
    Participant

Mcafee no longer detects TrainFever.exe as a virus.
    You can thank me later.
    🙂
    Let’s safely enjoy Train Fever and hope for performance fixes and all those most requested features found in the wishlists of everybody!
    🙂
    Michael

strapazie
    Participant

Your awesome, thank you 😉

I’ll try that out this evening.

The RedKing
    Participant

I can confirm this. I no longer have this problem. Thanks!

Trailvan86
    Participant

Thank you very much!

I can also play without disabling real time scanning, yayyyy!!!!!!

mikael

Great to hear that, thank you for sending the files as well.
    We’ve been doing this quite some time with no success. 

jacko1144
    Participant

i still have the same issue, not solved for me

mikas24
    Participant

I’ve had to send the email with the zip file three times. Until I figure it out exactly all the information that was required.
    🙂
    Jack, if you’re using Mcafee, you just need to update it to the latest DATs.
    If you’re using another product, then you have to make the same request to its vendor.

Michael

jacko1144
    Participant

hi mikas24,

i’m using McAfee, i’ve updated it but no joy, what am i doing wrong.

mikas24
    Participant

I really don’t know.
    I can only guess. Maybe you need to update the scan engine too. But this is usually an automatic process, unless  your Mcafee license expired or you’re using an outdated, not upgradable version?

Michael

mikas24
    Participant

I’m using a Total Protection package that includes a ‘home’ version of Anti-Virus. Here are my details:
    Version 16.8
    Build: 16.8.819
    Last Update 2014-10-03
    Engine Version: 2031.0
    Engine creation date: 2014-10-03

It looks brand new, but yesterday everything was fine already with the previous version.

Michael

jacko1144
    Participant

now this is doing my head in, thanks for your help mikas, i have the same version as you, all my other versions are out of date I:E security centre, firewall, site advisor,  etc but i can’t update them.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.