[MOD] Anybody planning to make a NS ”Nederlandse Spoorwegen” trainset?

Home Forums Modding [MOD] Anybody planning to make a NS ”Nederlandse Spoorwegen” trainset?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Banner oTTD

Hey there I just joined the forum, I’m eagerly awaiting Train Fever to be released. I was wondering if there are any creative people planning to make a dutch NS trainset for Train Fever? Christrains made some for Locomotion, Train Simulator, Transport Tycoon. That would be awesome! Let me know.

These are some nice loc’s: 

NS1100, NS1200, NS1300, NS1500, NS1600, NS1700, NS1800, NS2200, NS6400.

Loks
    From left to right: loc 1200 serie, loc 1300 serie, loc 1500 serie

Some nice DMU’s and EMU’s :

NS Mat ’24 (Blokkendozen) NS Mat ’34, NS Mat ’35, NS Mat ’36, NS Mat ’40, NS Mat ’46 (Muizeneus), NS Mat ’54 (Hondekop), NS Mat’64, Plan mP, NS SGM (Sprinter), NS ICM(m) Koploper, NS (V)IRM, NS DD-AR, NS DDZ/NID, NS SM ’90, NS DM ’90 (Buffel), NS SLT, Arriva/Veolia Stadler GTW

NS

From left to right: NS Mat ’64, NS DD-AR, NS (V)IRM

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Jonathan078NL.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by mikael.
    KWi2288
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing. I know ChrisTrains (http://www.christrains.com/) let a locomotion modder use his 3D models for the game (as you said), and I’m hoping someone is willing to do the same for Train Fever.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Perfect, I hope ChrisTrains gets addicted to Train Fever :P, then he will help us. Maybe we can contact him at his website.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Just emailed him, I will post whenever I’ll get a reaction.

KWi2288
    Participant

Nice, looking forward to his response.

Nivve
    Participant

I always played OpenTTD with Dutch trains, so I would really welcome it!

I have some modding experience, but not with visual content (which is exactly this), so I would probably be not much help myself.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

I just got a very quick reaction of Christrains, He’s not planning to do something soon for Train Fever. Maybe next year but it totally depends on how good or bad the developer tools are/will be.

I tried to confince him about Train Fever, I told him how mod friendly this game is and that it will be available world-wide on Steam. Atleast I woke some intrest by Christrains, now it’s totally up to him to decide to do something with it.

Besides maybe we can ask him to use his models for this game by a good and decent modder, so he hasn’t got all the work from it.

KWi2288
    Participant

Thats quick 😉

Besides maybe we can ask him to use his models for this game by a good and decent modder, so he hasn’t got all the work from it.

That would be a good idea if he doesn’t want to do it himself. That’s how Locomotion got the Christrains set.

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

If the modding tools are easy to use, sure, I’ll create some

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

– You Sir, are my best friend!

Oftewel:

– Jij meneer, bent mijn beste vriend!

I think the modding tools should be easy to use (atleast user-friendly), this game is promoted as mod-friendy so I think you will have some work to do 😛 Very curious how this evolves.

Let’s stay in contact till the dev tools arrive, from there we can decide if it’s reasonable, well it’s all up to you then. Maybe I can help but I never modelled before, so.

Traian Trante
    Participant

oh, wow…. that looks…. wow…

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Yes it totally does!! 😀

SpoorObjecten
    Participant

Happy to hear you like it 🙂
    I actually made them for 3D printing, changing them to a usable something for Train Fever will take time but it’s definitely possible.

^these are 3D printed and are 5cm long

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by SpoorObjecten.
    Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Very nice, love to see them in Train Fever;

I found a german fansite with a Beta Mod manager, maybe it’s usable to you;

http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/5-Train-Fever-Beta-Mod-Manager-BETA/

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

There are some german people allready running mods on Train Fever beta; A running ICE train for example. take a look at this thread and video.

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/new-video-by-tom-io-showing-some-mods-new-industries-new-vehicles/

This website is ahead in modding then we are on this forum, don’t take me wrong. It’s in german though http://www.train-fever.net. Maybe we can collaborate with these guys, it can make things alot easier then finding out everything by ourselves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.