Anybody with local and regional passenger lines..

Home Forums General Discussion Anybody with local and regional passenger lines..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    FX2K
    Participant

It just occurred to me that I have been playing the game solely working on local bus/tram routes and regional train lines, ignoring cargo for a minute.

Has anybody tried local train lines, within the same city?  If so, does it work? Any screenshots?

I plan on giving this a try tonight anyway, but saw this on the TF media page and thought.. hmmm

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by FX2K.
    Mykel Razi
    Participant

I’m sure this could work with trains like the rail bus’ and a small MU.

Neldot
    Participant

I tried it. As Mykel said, it works only with a small train like the railbus, that have no substitute in modern times (why modders don’t focuses on some modern small EMU/DMU and continue to give us  pointless big trains?)

This is not only because of low passenger demand, but mainly because in shorter routes loading/unloading time for bigger trains takes too long to make good frequencies.

omoikane
    Participant

Every time I tried to create train lines like that make huge loss and failed, even that city had 2500 pops

FX2K
    Participant

it works only with a small train like the railbus, that have no substitute in modern times 

I didn’t think of that…

Never mind… The town I live in, along with the neighboring town (along with many others) has two stations, a larger central one, near the shopping/leisure areas and one on the outskirts, near dense residential area, although aimed at regional travel rather than local…I suppose this could cut down the ‘civs’ travel time to their destination if the unload/load time’s didn’t outweigh what would be their normal route, e.g bus/tram.

douglas
    Participant

Good idea. Would be nice some screenshots.

I think the tracks in the middle of the town will disrupt too much the growth of the city. Plus very hard to make a profit. Perhaps a straight avenue from one side to another with a tram would be more efficient.

Maetel
    Participant

where did you find this at please post the link ok

FX2K
    Participant

where did you find this at please post the link ok

You mean the screenshot?

http://www.train-fever.com/media/screenshots/

Under Low Res category, roughly in the middle

Yeol
    Participant

I tried it twice, and never got much traffic going between both stations. In my current game I installed the urban stations early, hoping that later, with a grown city around these stations, it will attract some public.

Mykel Razi
    Participant

The biggest problem is the tight radius curves in the rail lines slow the trains down to much for them to have any real advantage over trams and buses, that and the inability to add road crossings once you lay down the track without deleting them first.

BFalcon
    Participant

This is where a raised rail system would be nice – we could recreate the London Dockland Light Railway or similar then… it could take the strain off our tram and bus services when they get too high-density…

Yeol
    Participant

In my current game I’m trying the metro-principle; all underground, except for the stations. For the moment without any traffic at all. May in 50 or 100 year time? I’ll see…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.