Anyone here able to help with OpenGL errors when playing the game (or trying to?

Home Forums Support Anyone here able to help with OpenGL errors when playing the game (or trying to?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    spirit499
    Participant

G’day Folks,

We bought this game and although it shows I have played it for 10mins, I haven’t even got passed the OpenGL driver error.   My graphics card supports OpenGL 3.3 so I am at a loss as to why it doesn’t work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Steam Support have not responded at all ..

cheers,

spirit499

spirit499
    Participant

I have found the issue, so stand down the dogs of war …… although the video card reported as being an ATI Radeon HD3850 card,

When I ran the applet as explained above, Steam came gave it back as a HD3800. I googled this driver and found one that was dated very recent, I downloaded it …. run the install and although it gave a WIN 8.1 BSOD, after the driver had installed and was doing the Catalyst Control Centre install, I was able to run the game. Great graphics and now the wife is happily playing.

Although the support (or so called, support) sux, we have it running.

Bottom line is, even though Windows reports it as an xxxx version of the video card, run the Steam system applet and see what it comes back with.

We (as customers) should’nt have to pull our hair out to get it working, so maybe the ‘support team’ should at least respond and give some advice.

/rant over/

Cannot wait to post positive results from the gameplay.

Dated

spirit499
    Participant

Hope our frustration helps other ‘players’ out there.

Geneo
    Participant

Steam applet?  Went to Steam, searched, and couldn’t find it.

🙁
    Same problem I reported in http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/game-hangs-after-2-minutes-intel-4200/
    I just thought it was fixed, but it’s happening again.  I even set the game to “windowed” and “low” graphics settings.

It’s so frustrating- when I first got the game it worked fine for me, I could play for an hour straight, no problem.  But the last two updates “broke” it.  Maybe it’s an OpenGL (timing out) problem, maybe not.  I don’t know.  I do know I have the latest drivers (for HD4400) from Windows.
    Still waiting patiently for a fix.

spirit499
    Participant

It is found under the Help Menu > System Information … my bad for calling it an applet (although technically correct).

It was able to give me Steam’s version of the truth and from there I was able to get a better driver to support my video.

The wife played for just over an hour getting used the interface … great graphics and looks like great gameplay.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.