Anyone making Danish trains?

Home Forums Modding Anyone making Danish trains?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dinofino
    Participant

Hi, I am wondering if there is anyone making or thinking of making some Danish trains?

• IC3 / IR4 (Electric version of IC3)
    • ICE-TD (Running between Copenhagen and Berlin/Hamburg.)
    • Øresundstog

And many more…

This site has some good materiel about Danish trains.

olahaldor
    Participant

The IC3/IR4 looks a lot like a Belgian train if I’m not mistaken. Could be a case where you make one model and two skins.

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

The Belgian one is inspired by the IC3, there’s a few subtle angular nuances in exterior, but they do look rather similar. Wouldn’t be as hard (I think) if one uses one as a starting point for the other, rather than having to go from scratch.

Also, Ola, I replied to your e-mail, not sure if you got the reply, haven’t heard back yet… :s

You seem to be remarkably busy with helping other modellers and modders finish up their projects too though!

Yeol
    Participant

Also, the Belgian AM96 are the electrical look-alike of the Danish  IC3, which are diesels, if I’m right.

Dinofino
    Participant

Yes IC3 is a diesel train (DMU) with 3 coaches. And the IR4 is Electrical and has 4 coaches, and is made as a updated version of the IC3.

I agree the nose of the Belgian looks alike, and i look forward to try it! But they don’t have the same shape/design, and arrangement of doors/windows. So i’m afraid it wouldn’t look right to reuse the Belgian AM96.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Dinofino.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.