Auto cargo

Home Forums General Discussion Auto cargo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Javis
    Participant

Hey guys,

I have well running oil and ore/coal delivery lines as well as goods on a new medium map. Now i want to setup the same thing for wood supply and goods. Already there are 25/25 automatic wood/goods lines running. Should i better leave these alone and start fresh from a forest that is not used yet, or build on those that are already running ?

I.e. which of the two options would provide more profit eventually ?… Or does it not matter that much ?…

Thanks for any hint/tip !

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Javis.
    gcampono
    Participant

The only advantage in using the lines already running is that you start from 25 production instead of 1. On the other hand profit is more based on distance and efficiency (if you are able to run your trucks full in both directions… something which with the new system is maybe not possible anymbore). Existing routes tend to be short (under 20 minutes in 15 km/h) so it is very much probable that a new route which is longer would yield more profit.

Javis
    Participant

Ok, thanks, gcampono. I just want to be careful not to mess up a good running map for a change.. ;- ) It’s actually the first time i’m trying a medium map (after the upgrade, which i now find surprisingly fantastic ! ). Just about all cities that i do not supply with goods myself have these 25/25 auto goods running either from a steel mill, saw mill or oil ref. They use other mines and wells than the ones i am using myself.

I understand that there’s one simple rule to keep good cargo lines running :  use only *one* ore/coal mine, oil well and forest to provide material to the various factories. These ‘auto cargo’ lines however seem to be not restricted to this rule…. F.i. i see two cities being provided with 25/25  ‘auto goods’  from *two* different saw mills. And i want to ship goods from my steel mill to another city but that city is also already provided with 25/25 ‘auto goods’ from *another* steel mill….

I suppose i could just cut them off, they ain’t making me any profit… Although i also wonder what’ll happen if i ignore them, let that city enjoy those ‘auto goods’ and deliver something else on top of that. Maybe they’ll appreciate it and everyone wants to live in that city.  ;- )

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Javis.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.