Auto-replacement of vehicles/trains

Home Forums General Discussion Auto-replacement of vehicles/trains

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Lucas
    Participant

Definitely agree with the people here, I’m sure the devs have seen this thread by now and are thinking about it 🙂

douglas
    Participant

PLEASE the LINK!

All I found is this: http://transport-games.ru/index.php/files/file/420-izmenennyi-interfeis/

I dont know how that can help with vehicle replacement.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I’m finding the continuing chore of replacing vehicles, particularly trains, together with the difficulty of regulating the train services is serious problem.  It’s discouraging me from clicking the ‘Train Fever’ icon on my desktop.  That’s not good!

I’ve found that any game that requires continuous micro management of any resource will eventually cease to be played.  It nearly happened for me with CIM2 because of ticket prices, until I found that it was possible to simply ignore them.  You can’t do that in Train Fever with vehicle replacement!

Something to ease this task is urgently needed; some sort of automatic vehicle replacement facility.  The problem of regulation of the train service could simply be fixed by the introduction of timetables.

It would also help if we could select a lower time/speed to prevent the game being too frantic.

Mykel Razi
    Participant

I’ll try and find the link to the new UI. It has new buttons on the lines menu to send all vehicles on that line to the depot, and another to send to depot and sell automatically. Or it makes them bigger and I just didnt notice them before, either way, it helped out a lot for me. http://transport-games.ru/index.php/files/file/420-izmenennyi-interfeis/

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Mykel Razi.
    Mordeth65
    Participant

Those options have always been there.   It also appears to be a mod rather then a new patched UI.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Mordeth65.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Mordeth65.
    Mykel Razi
    Participant

My mistake. I guess the buttons were small enough that i did not notice them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 on this. This is turning out to be a show stopper issue.

I love TF. Please add a fix for this….

leomac
    Participant

+ 1 , first must-have options in my opinion. Difficult replacement procedure makes the game nearly unplayable after 50 in-game years in case of having many lines.

Boris
    Participant

This is really a problem. I have more than 100 Lines which forces me to exchange every 3 months (ingame, 30 years lifetime) the vehicles of a line which means about every 100 seconds in realtime.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Boris.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Boris.
    gGeorg
    Participant

Hello, I was thinking about auto-replace again. Well, there are basically two thinks.

1. Continuous replace aged vehicles for the same type
    2. Mass upgrade the line with a new type.

Why you should not mixed it up?
    The line who mixed up the the type of vehicles with the different speed, suffers by spacing problem.

• Continuous Auto-replace

It is the On/Off button in the Line dialog. It is be On by the default.When the vehicle turns his age, it finishes delivering current load, then head to the nearest depo.At the moment the vehicle finishes his unloading, the new vehicle leaves the nearest depo.

• Mass replace by another type

Where we are:
    The button in the “Manage Lines” dialog currently sends all the vehicles to the depo immediately. It creates unwanted huge drops of the whole economy. Price of the new vehicles is nothing to compare the loos caused by the dropout. Especially when you replace a raw material delivery line. Raw delivery drops, product line drops subsequently, people travel drops fallows. All the economy shakes by the drops. It is high priority change to eliminate the drops.

What to  do:
    Improved functionality “Send to depo” button in the Line dialog of the vehicle window is a must. On the first press on the button labeled “Send to depo” information text says “Delivering current cargo than heading to depo” . The vehicle finishes the current delivery then heads to the depo. After the click, the label on the button changes to “Sent to depo now !” you could click it second time and get an immediate message “Heading to the depo now.The second time, the vehicle gets the order to do immediate direction to depo.So the current functionality of the button, is available on second click.

This functionality of double action “Send to depo” button is applied to the mass buttons in the “Manage lines” window. The graphic icons there change after the first click to the versions with exclamation mark on it.

Expected functionality:
    The vehicles are replaced by the same type without bothering a player.Upgrading a line consists 30 vehicles to another vehicle type can be done by by few clicks in less than 10seconds without economy drops. One Click on the icon “Send to depo&sell”, One click on the depo,  buy vehicles [ proper amount of clicks] ,  one click attach the line.

—–

Based on my programming/analytical background I guess that this improvement should take 3 hours of programming, 1 hour graphic change of icons. Then 3 hours of tests. Plus one hour for build the patch. Basically one man-day is enough to please the player crowd by the hot fix. Urban games, would you please do that?

Thank for your opinions or improvements,gG

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by gGeorg. Reason: typo
    matsv201
    Participant

I don´t get why there would be a force replace vehicle at all. Espcialy with some of the trams that are old before they are out of date. There should be  a refurbishment option where you just zero the age of the trains, trams and busses for a give amount of money.

Also, especial for trains, some locomotives that get out of date don´t get a good replacement, for example the 4/4 is a great general purpose light locomotive that is relatively cheep to run. But the only somewhat simular replacment its the nohab that is a diesel and a lot heavier

douglas
    Participant

I don’t see the need for complication. Vehicle replacement is about vehicle not lines. A button on the vehicle called Replace now is enough. Magically reset the vehicle age, running cost and value.

Usually in lines there are vehicles with extremely different ages.

Also I don’t really replace vehicles when the game tells me to. they are profitable for much longer.

The button can also be right in the vehicles window. Just sort by age and click replace next to the vehicle. Very easy.

And most important: REMOVE POP UP ABOUT VEHICLE AGE. That is very annoying and loud and unnecessary. The player should check the age of his fleet from time to time in the vehicle window.

matsv201
    Participant

Exacly, can be one refurbish and one replace button..
    Or even better, a refurbish buton, and if you old it down you can get to a drop down meney and just choice a other vihicle

FX2K
    Participant

I don’t see the need for complication. Vehicle replacement is about vehicle not lines. A button on the vehicle called Replace now is enough. Magically reset the vehicle age, running cost and value.

Exacly, can be one refurbish and one replace button..Or even better, a refurbish buton, and if you old it down you can get to a drop down meney and just choice a other vihicle

Sounds good to me.

ma2412
    Participant

Also I don’t really replace vehicles when the game tells me to. they are profitable for much longer.

The button can also be right in the vehicles window. Just sort by age and click replace next to the vehicle. Very easy.

And most important: REMOVE POP UP ABOUT VEHICLE AGE. That is very annoying and loud and unnecessary. The player should check the age of his fleet from time to time in the vehicle window.

+1!!!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by ma2412.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.