Automatic vehicle replacement problem.

Home Forums General Discussion Automatic vehicle replacement problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

It is not possible to marshal trains in the correct order using the automatic vehicle replacement facility.  The problem is that any locomotive is automatically placed at the front of the train regardless of what order it is entered.

This is fine for the traditional trains but it does not enable the marshaling of trains such as the British Rail HST, this has two locomotives, one at the front and and another at the rear of the train.  The locomotives are both placed at the front of the train by the vehicle replacement facility, even though the rear locomotive faces backwards.

Could this tool be modified so that trains are marshaled exactly the order as entered by the player; not sorted automatically by the game?  Most players know what they are doing, they do not want to be treated as children by the game.

Tossi
    Participant

I don’t think this can be modded and the only option is to manually replace them. Or … if you are into modding you could make a mod in which HST is set up as DMU similiar to TFV

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I”m not suggesting that someone makes a mod, this is a request for Urban Games to make a very simple change in the basic game.  That is, to remove the automatic ‘sorting’ in the vehicle replacement tool, or alternatively make the sorting optional in the game settings.

The HST was not written by me, sadly I am not a ‘modder’.  It could be re-worked by someone with the necessary knowledge and skills as a multiple unit, but that would be unrealistic as the HSTs are NOT multiple units.   They consist of two separate locomotives at front and rear, with a variable number of trailers (passenger carriages) marshaled between them.  The number, and type of trailers are varied to suit many different individual applications.

Tom
    Keymaster

Chris, I will be happy to add it to the wishlist for the next patch.

Best Regards
    Tom

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Thanks, it’s nice that someone is listening!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.