Avenues Please

Home Forums Support Avenues Please

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. I am getting headache of all the traffic after 1940s. Trams are stuck and its really no fun. Can you please add Avenues.. and please make the bus lanes work, because normal cars drives on them! The 4 lane roads with bus lanes works, but the 2 lane roads with bus lanes doesnt….

Please add this to the game! Essential I think!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please add this.. My cities is getting too much cars.. and they create massive cues.. its essential to give this game avenues or buslanes that works!!! Please

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is an example on trams get stuck:

Here is an example of a car on a bussway road:

So, please add Avenues or fix the bussway’s! Its essential. You have choosen to go for Trams instead of Metro or Underground. So you should make it more convenient for the citizens all in all.

Please help!

simonmd
    Participant

Not sure why youre asking in this context. Avenues still have junctions where your trams can get stuck and you said that 4 lane roads with buslanes seem to work, why not use them?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well.. the game should work as it should! If I lay down bus lane roads, I expect to see no cars on bus lanes.  Other vehicles  than busses and trams shouldn’t run there at all.

Thats why I urge so much about Avenues. In Cities In Motion 2 they are already there. Train Fever is a better game all in all .. but lacks only few things before its a real Transport Tycoon game.

simonmd
    Participant

No argument here, I too have tried a buslane only road to use trams as a ‘light rail’ system, only to find cars on them! It’s another stupid bug that shows UG haven’t tested a thing and highlights how amateur this game’s developers are.

Anonymous
    Inactive

First this name is Train Fever. So sure its main focus on trains, but they have added trams. It would be way better if they added subway or light-rail from the start and not trams 🙂 But since trams have been chosen,.. the ability to build trams as light rail would be very right.

Also! I miss roundabouts. Traffic lights? Essential things. Avenues is only one of many things, but they would help the traffic flow in the cities of this game for sure.

I hope that the developers fix this. Please.

simonmd
    Participant

I keep seeing people ask for subways but what on earth for? Even the biggest ‘city’ ive seen so far after 150 years of gameplay is little more than a town in the real world, there just isn’t the scale to warrent a subway. Trams are logical, they have been around since the dawn of public transport, so not including them would have been stupid however ‘light rail’ is only a concept that has existed since the end of the 20th century. All we need is a fix to the buslanes, they should be for public transport ONLY and nothing else, that would solve the issues above and make other things like ‘light rail’ possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello again

I just want to tell you that the cities in Train Fever grows.. so from 1960s, the game should allow for subway or light rail. Avenues came a lot with communism in Eastern Europe as communists looked at tram as a fast way to get workers to jobs.

Here is pictures of my cities from the same map:

The more you build in this game, the bigger the cities get. I have put trams as the most income source in the game. They transport people between cities since the start and just recently Ive added Highspeed TGV lines.

Anonymous
    Inactive

After some time, the cities becomes as big as in real life. Maybe not as big as in Cities XXL but they do grow!

Tall skyscrapers in the city centers. I have built everything from 1900.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, how about the city centers? They become quite intense even in this game!

The last grab shows how long these streets can become with tall apartments. This game is getting bigger and bigger if you build like I did. Thats why avenues is good to have. Also I think there is a error with the tracks graphics.

simonmd
    Participant

Yes, they do grow and the above screens are very impressive. However, if you scale them to the real word, they are still no more than small towns and nothing of that size would EVER have a subway system, it would just make no ecconomic sence. You need a CITY to warrent a subway and Train Fever doesnt have them, period.

Anyway, can, well, sort of, have subways. Just build a sunken staion. It’s expensive and the staion itself has to be open to the sky but can be done with all the track being underground.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You know that the smallest ever subway town is in Austria? Its in a village even. But Lausanne is the smallest town in the world with a subway. My cities in Train Fever are big enough to have 4 or 5 underground stations at least. In the end, these cities will grow into each other and then its even more important.

This must be implemented into this game:
    1. Avenues
    2. One way roads
    3. Roundabouts
    4. Traffic Lights
    5. Light-rail track system. Smaller stations for Railbuss system etc.

Then this game will be perfect. Subway is only an option later if the game will get underground view.

simonmd
    Participant

I’m sure there ARE ‘subway’ systems in a couple of smallish towns but on the whole, I think it’s a luxury we don’t need. I’d rather the developers FIXED what we have got, instead of being distracted with more stuff. Lets get the buslanes working, then we will have better buses, trams AND a ‘light rail’ system as we’ll be able to use single lane bus lane roads as light rail tracks. This will negate any need for subways but if you insist on them, as I said before, you can build underground rails and sunken stations, it just costs a fortune!

Anonymous
    Inactive

We need it because this game have streets full of traffic. People could choose a metro etc. This game got subway alike wagons already. Bussrail is like a light-rail thing even. So, a Light-rail system with support for underground stations would be great.

But Avenues is important! Look at Cities In Motion 2 game. They have that. Or buss lanes that works.. or have an option of putting tramtracks in the middle of a 4 lane road. Anything really. In 1980s, Train Fever gets lots of traffic cues… something must be done!

The new Cities Skylines game doesn’t have trams at all! Still I think that the models in Train Fever for cars, trams, busses and trucks/trains is way better. So I just hope that Train Fever will deliver on the last things. Please!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.