Better to Group Stations or Not?

Home Forums General Discussion Better to Group Stations or Not?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jztemple
    Participant

I’m confused over the grouping of stations, as in the example below. I have a truck depot and a train cargo station both serving the oil refinery. If I don’t group them the train station seems to get all the goods produced or at least the great majority. However, when I group them it seems like there’s never any goods waiting for the train. The refinery is producing plenty of goods. Any suggestions as to whether it’s better to group or not?

Group or not to group?

Neldot
    Participant

What I can say is that, as you pointed out with your example, several dynamics of the game are still unclear.

I noticed too that grouping/ungrouping stops and stations can lead to strange behaviours of the passengers and goods.

In your case, I would try to group selecting first the train station (where the goods already flow) and then the truck depot, and seeing after a couple of months if that works…

kimmaz
    Participant

If the trucks deliver cargo from the oil refinery to a train station further away (and the train deliver to a city) Then I would group the drop of truck stop with the loading train station. The same for Bus stop and train station in a city. ppl will take the bus to through the city and to the train (and back).

As for the situation in your picture, Both stations get Goods directly from the oil refinery so I would not group them together. But I might be wrong.

simonmd
    Participant

Dont group, simple. As far as anyone is aware, the facility is only there to tidy things up and I dare say it will confuse the cargo engine, brain, whatchamacallit, thingy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.