Bigger Stations

Home Forums Modding Bigger Stations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SeraPhine33
    Participant

I was just wondering if anyone is planing a station with more than just five tracks?

Bjorn0305
    Participant

That would be very nice. I think more important would be to remove/increase the passenger and cargo caps from the stations, depots and stops… let people line up on the road if there is not enough room – as long as they do not stand in intersections.

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

You can technically build two (1 to)5-track stations next to each other and then group them. That way, you’ll have a (maximum) 10-track station with 2 exits.

SeraPhine33
    Participant

Yeah I know but I don’t really like to have two exits… but thanks anyway 😉

Florius
    Participant

And if you group a bus station and a train station, you can’t group another train station?

Banter_NMBS
    Participant

You can, last time I checked.

SeraPhine, two exits have quite the advantage though, you increase your catchment area substantially because of it. Instead of having to go around your tracks and your station, you allow the pax to enter from both sides, so if you’re feeding into a certain district (leisure, jobs, housing), you can set your train to arrive on whichever side has that district you’re feeding immediately.

Zikous82
    Participant

In my case if I group two stations together, people will walk only to the nearest entrance of the station. They ignore the longer route to the other side. And also both stations don’t share passengers. I have approx. 80 people waiting on one side (closer to the city), and 5 on the other side. I tried to get them to the other entrance by busses, but no difference. To problem is, that my main hub station connects 3x two-rail tracks, 1x high-speed track and 2x single rail tracks and 5 rails in the single station is not enough … 🙁

Bastargre
    Participant

i would also love to see station with more platforms. so i can have a pax-station with 6/7 plaforms (on a small map 6 other cities besides main hub, so 6 lines going out of the central-hub station) on one side and a cargo-station with 2/3 platforms on the other side

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.