Black Screen (long version)

Home Forums Support Black Screen (long version)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zididorux
    Participant

Hello out there,

I try to keep things short.

1. Game donwloadd and installed

2. Main Menu visible, Settings max’d

3. Started Game. Loading textures, loading other stuff. Black Screen, menus available, Tut availabe. Few white points, most of the screen black.

5. Went to forum

6. Checked OPEN GL and Drivers (this is no Laptop)

7. Updated Drivers. (Looks like this: http://s14.directupload.net/images/141012/rj86d4xk.jpg)

8. Started Game. Loading textures, loading other stuff. Black Screen, menus available, Tut availabe. Few white points, most of the screen black.

10. Reboot PC

11. Started Game. Loading textures, loading other stuff.

12. Black Screen, menus available, Tut availabe. Few white points, most of the screen black.

13. Switched to windowed mode

14. Started Game. Loading textures, loading other stuff. Black Screen, menus available, Tut availabe. Few white points, most of the screen black.

15. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Game.

16. Started Game. Loading textures, loading other stuff. Black Screen, menus available, Tut availabe. Few white points, most of the screen black.

I skipped several things, like waiting for 10 Minutes, deleting Game Data, another 2 tries to reinstall. Drinking coffee, smoking another cigarette and trying to register with a typo in my username (you might delete the ‘zidiorux’ Account with the gmail-add)

Played time about 120 Minutes. Steam is kiddin me 😉

Steam Name Zididorux.

Can you help?

Thx 🙂

mikael

Have you already tried to delete the steam userdata ofder as well and then reinstall the game?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<user-number>\304730\

Also, delete the game files manually.

Do you have any overclocking programm running?

zididorux
    Participant

Hello 🙂

Deleting/Reinstalling didn’t work. Just tried.

I don’t have oveclocking programms runnig.

But, if it matters,I got a ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 AMP! – it is overclocked by default.

Greetings

FX2K
    Participant

It may be worth (unless you have already) trying some older drivers to see if they make a difference, unless you already have of course..I know you say you updated the driver, which would mean you already had an older one.

For what its worth, I have a Titan Z using the same driver version as your screenshot and I have not seen that problem, so its probably not driver related… Even so, I’m just throwing it out there

zididorux
    Participant

now it works. \o/

Don’t know why.

zididorux
    Participant

Final Update and Solution: Trillian with an acitvcated Overlay caused the problems.

Just to let you know. Thanks for your help 🙂

FX2K
    Participant

Interesting… I use Trillian also, but only for work purposes, so its never open when its kick back and relax time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.