Black Screen only on MacBook Pro

Home Forums Support Black Screen only on MacBook Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KeyboardCowboy
    Participant

i wrote the same report yesterday on steam, but no reaction… so here again:

Today i installed Train Fever successfully and i was able to play 3-4 hours (i was able to switch back to mac os with cmd+tab). After this i quit the game and steam.

Some hours later i opened steam and started Train Fever again, but some menus in the game were missing. since this i am not able to switch back to mac os with cmd+tab anymore. i tried to run the game several times (every 3rd try i received no black screen), sometimes i was able to enter the game, but after the 10th (?) try i can see only the black screen without entering the main menu, but music is playing.

So i deleted Train Fever (local files in steam) and installed it again. but no changes. i disabled steam overlay in the game. but no changes. i tried this several times… at the end i deleted and installed steam, but no changes.

MacBook Pro Late 2013 15″
    2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
    16 GB DDR3 Ram 1600 MHz
    500GB SSD
    Intel Iris Pro
    Mac Os X 10.9.4

Any Ideas?

Is there an error-logfile? if yes: where is it located?

olahaldor
    Participant

Looking at the minimum specs you are all good, except for the graphics card. I’m not familiar with Intel graphics, but it’s not mentioned in the minimum specs, so my guess is the Intel graphics don’t support all the tech needed.

KeyboardCowboy
    Participant

ok, on my macbook pro i can switch between two graphic cards: intel iris pro and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB.

i tried it several times with intel or nvidia, but still a black screen.

i switched to nvidia (stronger one) and i deleted the directory
    ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata/<user-number>/304730

and now everything is fine \o/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.