Black screen when starting the game

Home Forums Support Black screen when starting the game

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Zurgui
    Participant

Hi,

I bought the game today and I was able to start a game. Just a few minutes ago, I wanted to continue my savegame.

But I had a problem which is not solved by re-installing the game : every time I try to launch the game, a black screen appears, AND my PC freezes on this blackscreen (mp3 music on background stoppped, etc…), I have to reboot my PC by pressing the power button.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks for your comprehension

P.S: excuse me for my poor english

mikael

Hello, have a look at this post: 

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/game-wont-go-past-creating-map/#post-4852 

If this does not work, set the Textures to High in the main menu settings. And don’t forget to update your graphics card driver. If the problem still occurs post your steam username and pc specs here so we can have a closer look at the problem.

lordweegee
    Participant

Right so i have been having this problem right from the start. You probably seen me in the steam forums try to work something out so i have come here to try and fix it.

Here are the specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

8.1 GB

Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit

And my steam name is lordweegee. Please fix it soon. Thanks

Zurgui
    Participant

Thank you,

You misunderstood me, I never see the main menu : I click on the button “play” in steam, and less a second later there’s the black screen.

My graphic card driver is already (I checked) up to date.

My steam username : “alainguillaume”

My specs :

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (overclocked to ~4.1 Ghz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770  (Msi)
    Z97-A
    8.1 GB of RAM
    Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit

Tossi
    Participant

Have you tried waiting through it? As it is said in the post linked by mikael the game needs to compress textures the first time it runs and it takes a bit of time.

Zurgui
    Participant

I already tried to wait 5 minutes… Does it need more time ? The very first launch it took approximately 1 or 2 minutes.

Zurgui
    Participant

It’s working now but I didn’t change anything 😉

I tried another time and… it works well : no problem at all to the main menu.

Now another little problem : when I click to load my savegame, it freezes for ~30 seconds (music from the main menu still playing), and then another music starts (I guess it’s when the save game is loaded, but it cuts the previous music), a few seconds more of freeze, and then the map appears : it’s the nightmare for 1 minute (3-4 fps) (I guess it’s for the loading but… I only have a few coaches and a train !), and then the fps are raising to a normally state (~60).

Zurgui
    Participant

Damned !
    Your game is really strange !

After several other tries, I have no more problem of freezing when loading savegame, and no problem of fps after loading a savegame.

Strange isn’t it ?

Tossi
    Participant

Again, as it was stated by dev. The game needs to prepare some stuff once and it’s time consuming process. After that the game should run smoothly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.