BoundingBoxes, Childs and Animation for static objects

Home Forums Modding BoundingBoxes, Childs and Animation for static objects

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    starman001
    Participant

Hi All,

I want to try to ask here, hopefully a Dev is seeing this and is willing to give me some inside, or of course anyone else knowing this.

My intention is to upgrade the Industry models. But before I can do that, I would like to ask a few questions.

1) If I read the mdl’s correctly, each industry in the landscape is being put together by a couple of smaller child meshes, and of course LOD’s.

Is there something special that I have to take into account when making them, so that they fit together ?

Also, what is the synthax for the lines for the childrens

transf = {
    1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1,
    },

It will be hard trying it by trail and error, so any insight would be appreciated.

2) Is it possible to create Industries that are a bit bigger ? Currently, the sizes are different, so I suppose yes. But is there a limit I will run into ? However, I plan on someting max 2 times the size of the larger ones, like coal mine.

3) Could you please give some inside how the bounding boxes information must be interpreted ?

==================

boundingInfo = {
    bbMax = {
    22.211656570435, 16.599798202515, 15.1309099197388,
    },
    bbMin = {
    -26.0, -15.0, -0.0,
    },

====================================

Obviously some x,y,z Coordinates, however the large numbers at bbMax are a bit “strange” with the amount of numbers after the comma.

Any help and information would be appreciated.

B/R

Starman

Omich
    Participant

transf is a matrix 4×4, that describes object transformation in 3D space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_matrix

starman001
    Participant

Thank you for the link… Last time I looked at a wikipage like that it was about the higgs boson… Was also full ofย  mathematics ๐Ÿ˜‰

But it’s a start ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.