boxed version and steam

Home Forums General Discussion boxed version and steam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Goemoe
    Participant

I tried to find something related but I couldn’t. Will I be able to play Trainfever without internet/steam connection when I own the boxed retail version?

stmprn35
    Participant

You will need Steam account to install/register the game but then you can play while being offline.

Goemoe
    Participant

Will you need it once, or each time you want to play? One of the PCs I intend to play it on has no internet connection which should be no problem, since Trainfever is an offline game.

douglas
    Participant

Not possible, because you need at least one time internet connection in order to login with your steam account in the computer. Your computer with no internet connection can’t even download the game. Are you sure you have a computer with no internet connection?

Goemoe
    Participant

Are you sure you have a computer with no internet connection?

What kind of question is that? I could move it one time to a place to connect it, yes. But I wouldn’t do it each time to play a simple game like Trainfever. If it is a one time registration, ok. If it is something stupid like the everytime login for offline games like Skyrim, I will have to rethink my plans of ordering two copies.

And I won’t have to download the game, since I ordered boxed versions. Patches can be copied to sticks, you don’t need internet on every computer 😉

douglas
    Participant

Sorry. The question is more like: everybody have internet connection, and the excuses they invent to justify not buying always online games are a joke to me. Don’t get me wrong, I hate always online games, but the reasons are completely different.

Don’t worry, all you need is one time login to your Steam account and eventual updates. Play offline as long as you want.

Goemoe
    Participant

Thanks, sounds good. And no, I have more than one PC but only one is always connected, for good reason. The internet is a constant distraction for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.