Breakdowns

Home Forums General Discussion Breakdowns

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RAAndre
    Participant

I think the breakdown situation needs to be addressed.  I have found that the tedious chore (in Locomotion) of checking for low reliability trains and then replacing the engines is way too time consuming.

There should be a “No Breakdown” option, and a way to have the trains that need updating (maybe at 10%-20% reliability?) to be found more easily and more easily updated.

Maybe even an automatic replacing of locomotives when they reach a certain level?  Say your railroad replaces all older models of an engine with a newer version and that updates all engines of that type on all trains.

Just some better way to deal with this problem would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by RAAndre.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by RAAndre.
    basil
    Urban Games Team

Train Fever will offer tools to handle repetitive tasks.

E.g. there will be a tool which allows to replace all locomotives of a certain type, age or reliability.

RAAndre
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply.  I am really looking forward to playing Train Fever.

douglas
    Participant

HERE! I finally found!

Train Fever will offer tools to handle repetitive tasks.

E.g. there will be a tool which allows to replace all locomotives of a certain type, age or reliability.

Please do as promised. Add a tool to replace vehicles easily.

Klinn
    Participant

Yeah, it’s worth bringing this thread back up. Even if that kind of auto-replace feature only worked for town bus and tram lines, it would be so helpful in reducing the tedious micro-management currently required.

Tattoo
    Participant

This would be nice because I have a double passenger line connecting all the towns on a medium map with 30 trains, 15 towns – 2 per town, and when it was time to upgrade, it took forever and was a big pain in the butt. So I’d like to see something like this as well. But not until they optimize it first. That should be their first priority imo.

Kekoas
    Participant

This needs to happen very soon. It’s a real chore replacing vehicles, and stops the game from being enjoyable once the chains of messages start appearing from 1865 onwards.

I find it tough to keep going once the replacements start, as it really is becoming monotonous.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.