Bridge building is really harsh. Collision for this?

Home Forums Support Bridge building is really harsh. Collision for this?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Train Fever developers!

I am wondering why it is so difficult to build bridges? It says collision all the time. Same thing for building tunnels. This should be fixed.

Look:

The bridge looks fine, its even over the power lines. Still the game refuses me to build because it thinks an collision? Please help!

Jakaya
    Participant

I usally build the bridge first then fit the lines under the bridge however i very much agree we need better bridge tools

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have tried that too. Its easy to build train tracks over rivers etc.. but to just build bridges is almost impossible. I have tried everything.

I have tried to raise the land. Tried to build tracks and then pull it up. Tried to raise the land on each side and then connect, but nothing works. Its really frustrating!

Jakaya
    Participant

This Guide is how i learnt to do it follow it closely and you cant mess it up i promise http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=311752410

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Jakaya.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Jakaya.
    Tattoo
    Participant

I learned something while making a new bridge. These bridges do not like going over track that are on an angle to the tracks you’re building, even if it’s only 2 wide. I found it better to try and build your bridge perpendicular to the tracks you’re going over. It works better for some reason.

Also, from the image you posted, it looks like you are going from one hill to the next. Did you try to build a shorter piece coming from one hill? You might have to do that and build it in shorter pieces to work and it should work for you that way. I hope it does anyway/

The RedKing
    Participant

Try to remove the track on the opposite side (destination) of your bridge. I usually get a collision i that situation because of the slope there: it can’t be modified to fit the bridge as a track is already blocking it.

FX2K
    Participant

I have tried to raise the land. Tried to build tracks and then pull it up. Tried to raise the land on each side and then connect, but nothing works. Its really frustrating!

But have you tried slightly changing the angle.  I might be wrong, but it looks more like a pillar colliding with the track you are crossing than a land based collision.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This shouldnt be so difficult. I am building stuff in Cities In Motion 2 like bridges, tunnels etc.. and it works .. sure there are some minore bugs there too.. but this is a bit unplayable I think…

Please fix this!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.