Bridge Pillar Collision

Home Forums Support Bridge Pillar Collision

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RickD
    Participant

I don’t think this is a bug as much as an issue with the game mechanics but its pretty annoying. I now have to make an absolute mess of my track to get it to cross the bridge.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by RickD.
    Azrael
    Participant

This is not a bug, it’s intended.
    If you look closely, the planned extension of the bridge to the side doesn’t show you visually, how the bridge pillars are looking after the extension of the bridge to two trucks, but the game know, that the pillar would stand in the double track below the bridge, so it says “Bridge Pillar collision”.

Either split your above track before the below one so you build two seperate bridges and reunite the tracks after wards or redo the whole bridge.
    I made the experience, that you get the best results with bridges crossing over roads or tracks, if they cross in a 90° Angle.
    The more flat the angle is, the earlier it will make problems, either in preventing the bridge extension or in not building the bridge at all.

RickD
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Azrael, I can see now where the pillar gets in the way. I try not to make the bridges 90 degrees as i find it more realistic to have other angles

Tossi
    Participant

How the hell did you come up with the idea that 90 degree bridges are unrealistic? Most of the bridges are 90 degrees because that way you have to build shorter bridge and it’s cheaper.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.