BUG? Bus station 27 passengers max, bus stop not!

Home Forums General Discussion BUG? Bus station 27 passengers max, bus stop not!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yeol
    Participant

Dear magician-developers,

I observed that a bus station has a queue limit of 27 waiting passengers. Any additional arriving passenger vanishes in thin air.

I observed that the small bus stop does not has that limit, and the queue of waiting passengers can be much longer. I did not notice a limit, but I’m just playing the early years with small villages.

This makes the bus station rather useless. It’s more expensive, is more cumbersome, and it holds fewer people. I don’t think this behaviour was intended.

I’m enjoying the game tremendously! Keep up the fantastic work!

Yeol
    Participant

Nobody else noticed this bug? Nobody noticed the disappearing people above 27 waiting passengers at a bus station?

pm7
    Participant

Its 30 in my game, per queue. I was ‘following’ a person as they went around – they went home, set out for work, got to the bus stop, bounced home again and did this a few times. I thought it was groundhog day till I realised what was happening.

Yeol
    Participant

The bus stop is working fine, with 50+ possible people waiting per line (I did not notice a limit), but the bigger bus station seem to have a limit 27 per platform! This makes the bus station rather useless. At least, that’s what I seem to observe in my games.

pm7
    Participant

Yeah I mean bus station, its definately 30 at my stations, I haven’t actually checked the stops because the queues there never tend to get that big as I only use them for city routes and use the stations for inter-city routes.

Traian Trante
    Participant

30 / line / station in my game.

Yeol
    Participant

27…30… The problem is that the simple bus stop does not seem to have a limit. Why should I chose to build a more expensive, encumbering bus station, when a simple and cheap bus stop is better? Is it a bug, or intended?

Leetnor
    Participant

There are always room for people on the pavement. As the station is limited to its size. LOGIC 🙂

pm7
    Participant

I checked this today when I reached the 1920’s or so and was about to upgrade some bus stations. So.. the old smaller bus station from the start seems to have a limit per line of 30, but today as I was watching suddenly I saw 47 people in one line! However, in another city I upgraded to a new small bus station, 30 per line was the max and actually when I went to a new large station, sure enough the limit was 27 – needless to say I didn’t then upgrade any more stations.

Oh and as for the bus stop pavement idea, well actually the bus stop limit – old bus stop anyway – is a max of 60 over all lines so is useless to be used for a multi line stop, as well as the fact that the buses then block the road when queuing.

Yeol
    Participant

I noticed for the simple bus stop at least 50 people PER line. I’ve no problems with the simple bus stops using with 3-4 lines. I have had huge problems with the bus station, and do not use them anymore, because of all kind of trouble with them. But that is my personal experience, not a  general statement. 😉

bencze
    Participant

Yeah, big stations are a mess.They clog up traffic and slow buses / trams. I used them at some point because I thought it made sense, in some places, but screw logic. Small station holds 60 people as far as I seen, that’s good enough.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.