Bug in vehicle replacement, goods and passengers lost

Home Forums Support Bug in vehicle replacement, goods and passengers lost

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    crossbike0815
    Participant

Hi,

yesterday I noticed that vehicles (I checked only trains, but maybe trucks too) will loose all their content when automatically replaced. It looks like the old train is “deleted” before it is empty. Also I do not see that I got the payment for the transport (because unloading does not take place).

So please fix that so that first it unloads the vehicle before it will be replaced.

Also an option to “continue route but only let passengers go out but not in and when empty go to depot” will be great. So that you do not loose passengers when you want to send a vehicle back to depot.

simonmd
    Participant

As I understand it, they only autoreplace when they are empty, I could be wrong though.

crossbike0815
    Participant

No, I don’t think so.

1. Vehicles are replaced as soon as they reached the station and speed is 0. No wait time for passengers leaving the train.
    2. I only see one red number and one green number but it should show 2 green numbers (one for the cashback and one for the transport fee). However it’s not easy to see.
    3. I’m missing “the chain of goods” which normally go from station to destination. When vehicles are replaced this is missing!
    crossbike0815
    Participant

I just rechecked it:

1. when a passenger train should be replaced the old train disappears as soon as he reaches the platform.
    2. no waiting time to unload the old train
    3. no passengers leaving the station
    4. the number of passengers for the train goes immediately down to 0 and than increases because new passenger enter the train
    5. for cargo train: cargo goes immediately to 0 and no goods leave the station
    6. so it’s same as when I sent vehicles back to depot: vehicles will be emptied and goods/passengers disappear.

At least I want to have the money for the successful transport! For a normal train it can easily reach 1 M.

simonmd
    Participant

Hmm, you might be right, however, I am only speaking from using it with road vehicles and trams. I would NEVER use this feature with rolling stock as A, I quite like managing the trains myself and B, I’ve never found myself in a situation where the same stock is available to replace the old due to the fact that some 30+ years later, it’s unlikely the same stock would be available.

crossbike0815
    Participant

the replacement feature is really good idea because you can also replace a vehicle when this is the only one. E.g. when you send back a vehicle to depot and there is no other available you will loose all waiting passengers/goods.
    Also the meaning is not to replace with same type/capacity because I always use it when there are new vehicles or when capacity should be increased.

However actually it is not correct that content and transport fee is lost.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.