bug: track "blocked by vehicle" although it is not

Home Forums Support bug: track "blocked by vehicle" although it is not

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dr1fter
    Participant

I recently tried to create a junction to an existing rail track. The game would not let me stating that the track is currently blocked by a vehicle, when this was not (really) so. There was a train on the same rail track, but this was in a good distance from the location I was trying to modify the tracks – also there were semaphores in between (if that is a requirement for modifying tracks?)

Stonelouse
    Participant

it might be influenced also by the length of the segments you have dragged out when building the track. so if you dragged the track a really long way when you built it, it might be that the train is still on that piece of track.

xynix
    Participant

Hover the bulldozer of the length of track and you can see how long that segment is. Segment size is determined by how you build the track. Make one swooping motion to connect station A to B and the entire segment is a single piece.

dr1fter
    Participant

you are correct: I did lay the tracks in one part. But I actually do not see why this should make any difference when it comes to modifying them.

t-strike
    Participant

I also recommend the developpers to do something about this issue. This game is about optimizing your transportation(company). However, editing tracks is almost impossible to do without completely stopping the running trains (on a station f.e.).

I hope the developpers do something about that. If like in your case the track is one large section, they should split that track in seperate sections so at least you can edit parts of the track later without running into problems such as these.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.