Bug – Trains reversing when track is modified

Home Forums General Discussion Bug – Trains reversing when track is modified

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Moriety

Please go whine somewhere else. Yes, the game was released in an unfinished state, but at the moment the most annoying perfomance problems are solved and many game-play elements are hugely improved. At the moment it’s definitely worth the €20,-  selling price.

They have said months ago that certain gameplay elements (railroad crossing, bridges etc.) are too deep coded to fix this in a simple patch. But these problems are not game breaking such as the performance issues from the release.

So if you dont like the game, go play your Transport tycoon, railroad tycoon whatever. But please stop hating around since the game doesn’t even matter to you. Thanks and goodbye.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

unfortunatly Admiral, they are right. This bug in particular is a nasty one that does mess up the game pretty badly. Now I don’t care if a train reverses when I’ve got millions in reserve. But when I’m early in a hard game and I have to watch out to not go in the red I really don’t need trains reversing their course and costing me a lot of money.

A fact that is further complicated because trains don’t space out over the tracks in any way. So you spend a lot of in-game time getting trains to travel at regular intervals only to start working on the next line and suddenly notice that your earnings are plummeting because one of your lines is messed up again. You then load a save game to undo the damage but the moment you make the same changes to your game, the same train will reverse again and now you have to start building and modifying tracks while constantly keeping an eye on your trains.

Trains reversing is one of the big problems of this game and I had hoped that they would have found the cause by now and had been able to fix it.

I love the game, and I had my money’s worth out of it in hours of gameplay. But I’m going to buy the sequel when it comes out. Not until I can find someone who states that the second game doesn’t suffer from the same major issues the first game did.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I’m sad that we have had no response on this subject from Urban Games.  Blokker_1999 has described the issues that the bug causes very eloquently.  This needs to be addressed!

Another related issue mentioned is the lack of train line regulation in the game (ensuring that trains run at regular intervals).  This can be done by holding trains at terminals until the correct interval has elapsed before dispatch.  This gives an even service without the need for a timetable.  Perhaps Urban Games could look into adding this feature to the game?  It would be a massive improvement!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Norfolk_Chris.
    ErstO
    Participant

I don’t really see this as a huge problem,  yes it has happened to me, and resulted in having a huge multi-train back up.

I can see how it happens,  even with the game paused train routes are recalculated as you edit tracks,  add a siding and a signal, and the route is instantly recalculated,  so it makes sense that if you delete a section of track, any train that is on approach will turn around and try to find a new route.

Knowing it works this way, it’s easy to make a note of any train thats on the track system your editing and to check their direction of travel before you un-pause the game.

As for the idea Norfolk_Chris has “holding trains at terminals until the correct interval has elapsed before dispatch”  That would be great to have,  or even better “Dispatch Rules”,  example, train A waits at station #1 until train B arrives at station #2

But I doubt we will see either, meanwhile I Try to space out my trains with blocks and signals,  that seems to work

Blokker_1999
    Participant

ErstO, the reason why this is such a problem is because it is not only happening on the route you are editing. I have had it happen on totally unrelated routes. Yes, the entire rail network becomes interconnected after a time, but when I edit the tracks on Line 1 there is no reason why a train on Line 5 that does not run over that section of track should reverse.

And it’s not just trains that do that. It’s also lines that change direction on a dual track. It makes it hard to keep track of what is going on and it has already cost me a lot of money. And as I said before: it doesn’t really matter when you have become succesfull and have millions to waste. But when you are still in a buildup fase it is troublesome.

moriety
    Participant

@ PMV:

AGEOD in France is pretty good at listening, but with the two key coders (and owners) also wasting time by replying to queries it wastes their working day. Employing a person to remove that burden would be good.

This firm has done a great job on many aspects of the game, but it remains unfinished. I WANT to pay £35 for train Fever 2, just as I did with Ascaron from Germany with the production of Patrician 2, having played the original text-based version, and am still upset this company has now gone.

This company has as much potential as Auran in Australia within this genre, but key issues need to be addressed for Fever 2.

I will wait to hear if Urban Games decides to fix some major issues like double-track, common all over the planet except the America’s, and the major bugs when you immediately try to double up, reverse tracking etc.

This is a game with potential, add in a stock market and competion and we finally have RRT3!

Lowell
    Participant

I thought I read where Urban games said they were through with TF. They posted they are making their second game now…except for updates.

Quote from Steam…

This said, we wanted to let you know that we are still improving Train Fever and for sure there will be additional game updates. However, because we also started working on our next game title, Train Fever updates will be less frequent in future. Therefore, we kindly ask you for a bit of patience in this regard.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Lowell.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.