BUG – Trains stuck

Home Forums Support BUG – Trains stuck

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ppumkin
    Participant

I have a train that refuses to turn around or go to the depot that is right next to it. Not sure what the problem is but I had 2 trains on the line and I was messing around with signals… and the out come a big pile of mess and I cannot get the trains out. wasting over 500k a year doing nothing.

If i reverse it says looking for path, but the path is right into the depot.I reverse again and it says not free path. I click go to depot, nothing happens. start stop, reverse, delete. Not sure what combination will fix this???

Can you please put in an ignore signal button or something. Let ME put the train in the right direction and I can press go or stop. If it collides, then let it be so. BOOM.. wait 6 months and clear up the garbage.

Now I cannot do any thing? 🙁

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ppumkin.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ppumkin.
    Pasi
    Participant

Is there another train trying to come out from the depot? Or is there a short bit of overhead wires missing just before the depot?

Blokker_1999
    Participant

What is the line of these trains? If the right train is going back to the depot, it should be fine. If it’s on a line it’s got nowhere to go. If the left one is on a line and has a path to that line it should start moving, if it is waiting for a free path, then something up ahead is keeping the line busy. It’s difficult to judge these situations from a screenshot.

simonmd
    Participant

I bet its an electrification thing, is the route to the depot electrified?

ppumkin
    Participant

Nope. Its a bug. Something messed up the routes.

The route calcualtor thinks the train is on another track. It seems to have calucalted a route that the train SHOULD take but it does not take into account where the train IS. I thought I noticed this before. Even if I press return to deopot, on the newly placed depot on the station, that train is stuck in the station.But the depot cannot be deleted because it is expecting a train. The train is not moving because the route calculated is on the wrong track. Its messed it up. I bet this is a source of many other deadlocks for train routes.

Is there a tool/’cheat i can just delete this mess?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ppumkin.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by ppumkin.
    Blokker_1999
    Participant

This should work. Even though the trains or not on on the line itself, they should be able to find a path to the line given i can see a switch to their right. This is however only possible if their next stop is not the station we see in this picture. If the game is unable to find a path to a line it will simply halt the train with the msg “no path”. If it says “no free path” something somewhere is blocking the line. If you could send me your save file, i could attempt to clean it up a bit.

For future reference: try to place your depot in a location where it has access to all the tracks so you could always send a train back to it’s depot, independent of the track it is on and send it back out. And don’t place it too close to a line or station since you probably will be expanding a line in the future and the depot will be in the way.

http://utopia.modpro.be/tf_depot.png

Dolph
    Participant

Well, make a junction to where the line is. The junction on which the train is standing is not an option for this train, you need to make another one to the right. And, why all the signals? The only signal you really need here is one before the train enters the juction from the right, and don’t place signals in or between junctions unless you are 100% sure that ALL trains that will use the tracks fit in between the signal and the junction or you’ll end up with trains blocking tracks.

Trains stations have built in signals, even though you can’t see them, so the ones in front of the station are redundant and usually just cause problems just like this one.

I’m guessing one track is for incoming and one for outgoing traffic right? If so, use a one way signal at the entrance to the station junction, and one  (non one way) at the exit (right of the juction) at enough distance from the junction for the longest train to clear the junction.. if all you’re using are these small rail buses, it obviously isn’t very far.

Hope this helps to clear some of your deadlocks 🙂

Dolph
    Participant

Ah, looking at the second image you’ve already built a new junction.. So as simonmd says, are you sure all the track to the depot i electrified? There is sometimes a really short section of track right in front of the depot that’s not electrified. Or is there perhaps actually a train waiting to leave the depot? Even though it can’t be seen? Try putting signals in front of the depot and send the stuck train to depot then see what happens.

simonmd
    Participant

This has caught people before so i’ll say it, did you un-pause the game? I noticed it was paused in the screenshot and the ‘unable to find path’ message will not clear until it is in live play.

Dolph
    Participant

^ yeah simonmd is right, this could very likely be it… did it a couple of times in the beginning 🙂

blackrosegul
    Participant

This is however only possible if their next stop is not the station we see in this picture. If the game is unable to find a path to a line it will simply halt the train with the msg “no path”. If it says “no free path” something somewhere is blocking the line. If you could send me your save file, i could attempt to clean it up a bit.??

GuL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.