Build 4221 -> 4234 What changed?

Home Forums General Discussion Build 4221 -> 4234 What changed?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    habadacus
    Participant

I seem to have gotten another patch with no notes about it anywhere. Can any one shed light on what changed today?

It’s the first weekend of retail release. I would really like to see Urban Games focus a little bit more on community outreach, and get out of their closed-beta mind set. But I also am grateful that someone is working hard on this genre at all, and think this game has great potential.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by habadacus.
    Tumb
    Participant

A changelog would be really nice indeed.

RickD
    Participant

Give them a break guys, as much as it would be nice to have them interacting with and responding to us right now, I’m sure they’re busy doing other things that are improving the game. Releasing a patch after day 1 of release is pretty good going even if we don’t know what it contains.

I’m sure that community outreach will come once they stop being so busy with major release issues

Dozer
    Participant

just also throwing in my vote for a change log

Bansheedragon
    Participant

Give them a break guys, as much as it would be nice to have them interacting with and responding to us right now, I’m sure they’re busy doing other things that are improving the game. Releasing a patch after day 1 of release is pretty good going even if we don’t know what it contains.

I’m sure that community outreach will come once they stop being so busy with major

Its not like people here are asking for the devs to participate in the forum discussion, All they ask for is a changelog/patch notes so we can see what has changed.

I cant remember a single game that did not release some patch notes/change log whenever a patch/update was release, its something people have come to expect and its something that would help people determine if certain bugs reported have been fixed or not

RickD
    Participant

Completely understand bansheedragon, it would be nice to see what has changed but there’s a certain way to approach it, I don’t think there’s any need for comments like

‘ I would really like to see Urban Games focus a little bit more on community outreach, and get out of their closed-beta mind set’

I’m sure the devs aren’t just sitting there eating croissants, watching the sales come in. I think people should put themselves in the devs position before posting sometimes, if we keep up a positive community vibe they are more likely to interact with and be open with us

LSky
    Participant

That’s true RickD, but when you push a new version, you also post a changelog. That’s just common sense.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Here you go guys, this I found in the ‘Support’ section, just posted seconds ago.

admin

Keymaster

Please find below release notes for each game version published on Steam.

Build 4215 (September 4)
    •Release version

Build 4221 (September 4)
    •Fixed a bug which allowed the camera to go underwater
    •Fixed train top speed achievements (were not unlocked before)
    •Fixed sky box bottom texture
    •Improved welcome window
    •Improved German und Hungarian translations

Build 4234 (September 6)
    •Fixed a texture compression bug which caused very long loading times and freezes when using any build tool for the first time (was present on certain systems with ATI graphics cards)
    •Improved crash dump information feedback (if you don’t disable it, crash dumps are sent automatically to us, without any personal data of course, and thanks to this improvement we will be able to solve crashes and performance issues much better in the next days)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Jonathan078NL.
    RickD
    Participant

Very true Lsky, I’ve just seen a lot of posts in this forum since release from people listing all the negatives of the game with not much support for the (3 man) team that made it. Just felt the need to defend them a bit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.