Build 4519 Monthly-Mega-Lag

Home Forums Support Build 4519 Monthly-Mega-Lag

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    snowball
    Participant

Hi,

since i updated to build 4519 i noticed an extreme lag every time the maintainance costs are displayed in the graphics window.

Reproduce:

Small map, ~120 vehicles (L’Obéissante), driving in a circle between 6 cities.

Core i5 3750k, GTX660, SSD, 8GB Ram

Suggestions:

– Remove/Switch the red and green labels over vehicles, i never read them.

– Remove/Switch the popup after buying a new vehicle. It makes the game slower, its useless and it might even lay over the buy-button sometimes.

– Remove the initial 3D-View in popups. When i want to watch the train driving, i use the action cam…

Sincerely, Snowball

FX2K
    Participant

+1 for removing the red/green figures over the vehicles… I have too many vehicles to even bother paying them any attention.  The rest is pretty much what I said here:

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/still-have-performance-issue/

snowball
    Participant

Thanks, i read it, but i didnt see anyone writing about this particular lag.

To make myself a bit more clear, i will give an example:

With 4x Speed, a month lasts for… i dont know, 15 seconds. The lag lasts for up to 20 seconds!

This means, that i dont have lags while playing, but i play sometimes while having lags!

FX2K
    Participant

I get it also, but it doesn’t last that long 🙁  for me its more like a 2 second stutter.

Fingers crossed that we see some further optimisations.

tomtom
    Participant

I am getting this also. I never noticed it before. The lag is about every 2-3 seconds and is starting to ruin the experience.

The general game is about twice as smooth as prior to the patch. So FPS is up from 30 to around 60, which is great. But this monthly lag (day 3 to 4, every time) is pretty terrible. I started getting this around year 1910 (introduction of cars perhaps?).

Please can we have some advice on how to mitigate this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Small map, ~120 vehicles (L’Obéissante), driving in a circle between 6 cities.

How boring! Are you sure you are playing the right game?

I5, SSD, 8GB Ram

30 vehicles (Bus, truck, train)…everything is fine, no lag.

ap11
    Participant

I’ve got the same problem, but I don’t know if it has to do with the maintenance costs floating over the vehicles.  The end of the month is also when the cities expand on their own and build new houses.  My game is actually crashing now at the end of the month.  Sometimes I get a video card error, sometimes I don’t.

thief
    Participant

having that “end of moth” lag too.

but mine is a bit longer, more like a minute or so…

also scrolling is slow, if i realy want to scroll or work, i have to pause the game.

Medium sized map, allmost all citys connected per train, every city has atleast 1 industry connected, high tram use..

in numbers: 196 trucks, 524 trams, 24 trains.

any way to make the game use multi-core? since i (and most others i guess) these days have multicore systems.

snowball
    Participant

Well, yes, it IS boring. I love to watch trains, and actually, they get the same revenue at this time, but for some reason, the cities literally explode when i create the bus-lines, but implode with trains.

tomtom
    Participant

How boring! Are you sure you are playing the right game?

I5, SSD, 8GB Ram

30 vehicles (Bus, truck, train)…everything is fine, no lag.

I5 OC to 4.4GHz, 8GB Ram, 7950 OC 3GB and an SSD.

Everything is set to max and the computer is not being taxed. 2.3GB of memory used, barely 30% of total CPU usage. 41 lines and too many vehicles for me to bother counting.

I’ve tried rebooting my machine and it is the same tick over from day 3 to day 4 (so no obvious memory leak). Some task is being done at this point and it is taking up the main thread.

Devs are you able to replicate this? Do you have any short term advice?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.