building roads over tracks

Home Forums General Discussion building roads over tracks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    raskil
    Participant

Is it possible to build roads (road bridges)  over tracks that have already been laid? It worked for once (by accident) and I got this wooden bridge…but I can’t reproduce it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Vector824
    Participant

It is not currently. I know the devs are working on implementing it.  Right now you have to delete the tracks, build the road, and lay the tracks back over. It can be a real pain sometimes.

Tyler

RonMaster
    Participant

Yes, it IS possible to build road bridges or tunnels.

use the N and M key to lower/raise the road!

raskil
    Participant

Ok. Thanks.

I also noticed if you lay the tracks in cuts – sunken in the earth – it’s relatively easy to build road bridges over them… but you don’t want to have to do that all the time just in case you might want to cross a road over the tracks later on.

RonMaster
    Participant

nope, just use the N and M. maybe if they fix it later on you can just remove the bridge or tunnel.

bv
    Participant

The typical way for roads to cross tracks safely is to build an underpass. That is something the developers need to get on their todo-list.

ifurkend
    Participant

Unlike Transport Tycoon, vehicles in Train Fever never crash into each other. Road vehicles always stop before the level crossing if any train is going to pass through it.

However, building a road tunnel or bridge to avoid the railroad is simply better to allow smooth traffic unless that road isn’t used by your vehicles.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.