Buildings and urban form

Home Forums General Discussion Buildings and urban form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    plnrmatt
    Participant

Before buying this game I was excited to see procedural buildings that actually filled up all the odd-shaped spaced the roads created. I’ve read on the forum that the Devs dropped this feature for some reason and so the urban form is now made up of only perfectly rectangular lots, often with odd looking space between them. Sadly this isn’t very realistic.

I’d love to see an update that included wall to wall terrace housing or inner city buildings! this is the one feature that’s really lacking from the game in my opinion

TrainInfluenza
    Participant

I agree, the town featured in the screenshots on the homepage looks a lot better. I don’t know what their reason for dropping it was but I’m sure it was valid. Hopefully they’ll fix whatever the issue was and patch it in the future.

Tablemat
    Participant

I also hope they reinstate this. Having (sometimes) huge grassy gaps just encourages you to layout cities in a grid form, which then counters the feeling of the “no grid” design. At the very least, i’d expect ‘parks’ and similar leisure sites to not have to be square/rectangular.

crossmr
    Participant

Could the modders do this? I assume that buildings take up a space that would fit their foot print. So could the modders make some skinny or wedge buildings and would we those take those spaces?

plnrmatt
    Participant

That’d be brilliant if modders could step in!

I agree with Tablemat, what’s the point in having curved roads when building plots are grid-only?

crossmr
    Participant

That’d be brilliant if modders could step in!

I agree with Tablemat, what’s the point in having curved roads when building plots are grid-only?

especially when one of the selling points is “no grid” there is obviously a grid, but we just can’t see it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.