buldozering in town – exclude that area from next grow cycle

Home Forums General Discussion buldozering in town – exclude that area from next grow cycle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kockopes
    Participant

i have tried to upgrade my town to large streets and try to pass more traffic, but many buildings needs to be removed and then starting loop, i removed building and while i was changig tool from buldozer to roads, game starts new building or road at my freshly buldozered place. that should be excluded from town growing plans for some months

also, large town should automaticaly build own large streets. i went crazy with my attemps to keep city without traffic jam , rebuilding every road, with so many bus and tram lines, checking where traffic jam has the core, mostly vehicles are looped and without cops there will be no order and law, game also put new vehicles to bus line so , bus lines are unusable too,  is it even possible to success in town? 🙂

douglas
    Participant

When I want to improve a town I use the pause button.

Javis
    Participant

Hey, Douglas, didn’t you find Machinarium one of the most gorgeous and cutest games you’ve ever played ?…. I certainly did ! Played it three times and can’t wait for a new full lenght game from Amanita Design. Computer art at its best !

( sorry to highjack your post kockopes… )  .… is it even possible to success in town?

Sure thing, check this out :  http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/my-metropolis-1500-population/

Btw, great advice by Douglas, you’ll see.

Yeol
    Participant

I’m also still struggling with the road system (enlarging, bus lanes, …) and the traffic bug beyond the 1950’ies. I still did not found an answer for these problems, except some cheesy exploits. Developers have still work to do on this subject to balance the game, and get the traffic simulator working correctly..

BFalcon
    Participant

Two things: Pause button and building stubs of roads, if you need to wait for more money.

FX2K
    Participant

When I want to improve a town I use the pause button.

Me too, but there is always that one vehicle in the way, so I un-pause to get it out of the way.

By the time its out of the way, the roads are rebuilt and buildings under construction.  More Cost and more messing around.  It wouldn’t be an issue if the vehicle teleported to somewhere safe.. after all, it does this anyway when you do bulldoze / upgrade a clear section, but wont do it when its the section you are working on.

leew
    Participant

If I need to un-pause the game then I will build bits of train track on cleared land to stop them being built on.

yid
    Participant

I Also agree with FX2K about the blocked streets when there are vehicles. If you want to prevent this, you have to stop all trams far away from the construction site, but sometimes it is just no fun to do all this micromanagement. The game should take care of that. Or at least it should be more comfortable.

Maybe there could be a “construction site” feature. You just define the area with some easy mouse  clicks where you don’t want any traffic or AI building effords. Then you do what you want and release the area again.  This would also be a very realistic way of blocking construction sites – doesn’t it work this way in reality as well?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.