Can you help? I'm unable to find path!

Home Forums Support Can you help? I'm unable to find path!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PiaPoi
    Participant

I get the error, “Unable to find path to stop” when I try to assign a train to my route.

I know it’s not the track because it works with steam trains, and one of the diesel trains. But if I try to add the TVF, or the commuter train, or most of the other high-speed diesel trains, I get the error.

It sometimes even works with just the train, and the fails when I add carriages! I’m just trying to get going with this game, so this is frustrating — I’d be so grateful for a pointer! 🙂

simonmd
    Participant

This maybe a silly question but are you sure the stations are correct? ie, passenger or cargo as they should be. I set up a new Truck route yesterday and got the same error, I was scratching my head and calling the game names when I discovered that I had put passenger bus stations instead of cargo ones by mistake, doh!

PiaPoi
    Participant

Thanks for the thought, but in this case they’re definitely correct — as I say, it all seems to work fine with steam trains, just not with diesel or electric!

simonmd
    Participant

That is very bizare, if it was just electric, then we’d know the reason, if just frieght, then the same but JUST diesel and electric but steam works? Stumped.

PiaPoi
    Participant

Do you mean that electric doesn’t come in until later in the game? It could well be that… perhaps an engine which I thought was diesel was in fact electric & that’s why it didn’t work? I’m still in the 1800s, but all the trains are showing up because I’m using Gwinda’s timeless_mod.

While you’re here… I’m also really struggling to figure out the signalling. Do you know of a good guide? It all seems to be working fine, then suddenly two trains decide to come down the same track and meet nose-to-nose — I’d’ve thought it would have occurred to one of them to use the other side!

simonmd
    Participant

Youre not placing signals enough if that’s happening. When you build a line, CHECK IT, open the lines info box (the one with the list of stops on it) and the line itself will be highlighted along the track. Follow the entire length, take nothing for granted. If you have a double track and trains are only using one side, then you’ve got the signals wrong.

Varana
    Participant

Also, don’t rely on “it will occur to the train to do X”.

If you have a double track, it may happen that the line uses both tracks. Or not. Better force them with signals, as simonmd said.

Lines are fixed to the tracks. Trains will never ever leave their assigned track. If the track ahead is blocked by another train, a train will never switch to a parallel line by itself.

Regarding your original issue: I’d guess that it’s a problem with electrification, then. It’s not easy to spot it, but often there are tiny stretches of track that don’t have catenary, esp. near switches or stations.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Varana.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.