Cannot Upgrade Station

Home Forums Support Cannot Upgrade Station

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

I am having a problem; I cannot demolish a station to upgrade it.

I make sure all trains are nowhere near the station (they are all stopped behind section signals) but I get an error message “vehicle in way”.  I have even tried demolishing all the track connecting the station, but it makes no difference, same error message.

Is this a bug?  It renders the game unplayable if you cannot upgrade a key station!

This does not normally happen, I have successfully demolished other stations with no trouble.

mikael

It also takes the streets near the station into account. This means when a bus is near the station it’s not possible to delete the station. You see a light-red area on the streets that’s going to update. 

Tattoo
    Participant

This happened to me the other day and was VERY annoying when trying to change a station. It sure would be nice if this can be changed to make it easier to change a station.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try making sure the streets are empty.

It would be very much appreciated if we could have a station upgrade tool.  Is that possible mikael?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Norfolk_Chris.
    FX2K
    Participant

This happened to me the other day and was VERY annoying when trying to change a station. It sure would be nice if this can be changed to make it easier to change a station.

I have this all the time..

1. Stop trains entering station.
    2. Bulldoze station..
    3. New station wont fit.. collision… its exactly the same size
    4. Bulldoze roads near station – vehicle in the way – so cant
    5. Hit resume, station timer counts down.. vehicles move…
    6. Bulldoze road, vehicles teleport to another important section
    7. Angle of train station cannot be replicated, so need ot build a small section of road to try and angle it right.
    8. TF then rebuilds some of the roads and starts constructing buildings itself
    9. Continue to faff around with roads / vehicles

By the time the station fits again, it costs millions in demolition of nearby buildings / roads and huge network disruptions.   If upgrading a road can teleport vehicles magically (and clear waiting passengers) then bulldozing a road should be able to do that too.  The rotate ability of stations also needs to be a bit ‘finer’ allowing more accurate positioning and perhaps snap to near roads less.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.