Unable to find path to stop

Home Forums Support Unable to find path to stop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jwatte
    Participant

I’ve been playing this game for about ten hours now, re-starting several times, and I always run into some bug or annoyance that makes me re-start. At this point, I’m not sure buying the game was a good idea — $35 is the price of a A-grade title, and this game has too many frustrations to be A-grade.

Some annoyances are small:

– Not being able to select/replace text while renaming things — can only delete from the end.

– Not being able to retire (go to depot and sell) vehicles from the rolling stock window; instead having to open each vehicle window, open up “lines,” click “go to depot,” and then wait before selling.

– No undo for expensive operations — if a train line decides to go into a tunnel, or a bulldozer clicks the wrong thing, that can be so expensive that it ruins the game.

Other annoyances are big. Especially path finding!

I have uploaded a number of screen shots showing a problem I just cant’ figure out.

I’ve defined a line (cyan color in the screen shots) and I’ve bought vehicles in a depot right by the main stop of that line. However, the game just says “Unable to find path to stop.” I’ve included screen shots of each of the stops, and the route, and the depot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jonw_steamcommunity/screenshots/

Additionally, I also tried creating a simple route between the two depots in town (north and south) and I got the same error message. At that time, I thought the bridge was a problem, so I built a second bridge (as you can see) — still not working.

(This may also be why trains end up deadlocking on “waiting for an empty segment” even though I’ve built partial double-lines on each segment.)

Is there anything I can do to help you debug this problem? If the game doesn’t actually work as intended, then that’s Not Good ™ and will generate lots of disappointed customers.

jorgenRe
    Participant

You are using a bus stop instead of a cargo station.

Just wish the game told you about it 😉

Also if you want to change out all the vehicles fast in a line then press the “$” symbol the right of the name of the line in the all lines info tab. They will then automatically go to the depot and sell them selfes.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jorgenRe.
    jwatte
    Participant

You are right — they looked like depots to me, but they were actually large people stations. Crud!

Yes. In fact, it would be even better if the game wouldn’t let you define a line with mixed-type stations…

(I ran into this problem before when trying to send freight straight to a train station — no can do; I have to send it to a depot next to a station, because the station types are different. That time, it was somewhat-obvious what the problem was, though.)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by jwatte.
    jorgenRe
    Participant

coal ore east at the coal mine is a bus stop……………….Both cyan ones are a bus station :O

Just look on the building icon it shows a bus and not the usual i think truck.

jwatte
    Participant

Yes, thanks!

Unfortunately, the game crashed when trying to build a road (third crash in two days) so I think I’m done with this game.

$35 and 10 hours not really enjoyed. It could have been great 🙁

5/10 — would not play again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.