Can't step up cargo routes

Home Forums General Discussion Can't step up cargo routes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    raskil
    Participant

Hi,

On my 4th game. The last two I can’t seem to set up cargo routes. I get “Unable to find path to stop.” Everything seems ok. I’ve done it before.

It’s 1853 and I’m trying to link up oil well to oil refinery to town (industrial zone) with horse wagons riding the roads already on the map. I have a depot near the oil well plus a cargo bay, and cargo bays near the refinery and in town. I can set up the line ok. The problem occurs when I try to assign wagons to the line.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Andu
    Participant

Make sure you have placed cargo stations and not passanger stations. 🙂

raskil
    Participant

They are definitely cargo stations.

Varana
    Participant

Just guessing, but the message sounds as if the wagons can’t find a way out of the depot, or that there’s an interruption in the street leading to the first stop, somewhere. Maybe check the roads again that there’s a connection?

raskil
    Participant

I notice that if i assign passenger vehicles to the route (though there is no reason to do that, but just wanted to see), there’s no problem. They leave the depot and start riding. Is this a bug maybe. I uninstalled and re-installed, but same thing. Very frustrating.

KilrBe3
    Participant

Could you take a screenshot of the problem, along with your Line window open too please?

raskil
    Participant

Ok. Here it is:

http://raskil99.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/cargo-problem-2/

At the point in the screenshot I just tried to set the wagons to the route but got the red message (unable to find path), but that didn’t show up on the screenshot.

Any ideas? Thanks!

hert
    Participant

Yep from the looks of it they are bus stations.

raskil
    Participant

Here is a close up of the first stop next to the depot – it’s not a bus stop. It’s a cargo bay! The same goes for the other 2 stops on the line.

http://raskil99.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/cargo-problem-2-2/

Florius
    Participant

Yeah, this is the error which means that the station is not connected to any road, however, I dont think it was actually needed, so you can just ignore the message I suppose.

kra
    Participant

E: its a bus station (bigger version of normal bus stop). Build a cargo bay next to it so you can remember the difference next time 🙂

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by kra.
    killkenny1
    Participant

Yup, that’s a bus station alright!

Varana
    Participant

The little icon on the station is a bus. It’s a bus station. 😉

HOnzula
    Participant

Hi, please can somebody give me a hint, how to change station from passengers station to cargo station? I still have a problem, that industry is not using my lines and everything fits well..maybe except of the type of station..

thanks 🙂

douglas
    Participant

Simple bulldoze the station and build a cargo one on top of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.