[MOD] Cargo Mod (made by Gwinda)

Home Forums Modding [MOD] Cargo Mod (made by Gwinda)

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Tegron
    Participant

there must be some sort of interval when the number refreshes its set to month currently by +1/-1 atm… maybe change it to +1/-1 every 2-3 days.

Gwinda
    Participant

The Cargo mod has been updated to v1.3 (for TF Build 4688)

Gwinda
    Participant

New version 1.4 with multilanguage support.

• English
    • German
    • Russian

…see change note for more info at download page.Install with TFGM to get it all configured automatically.

douglas
    Participant

As always great mods comes from Gwinda!

sprool
    Participant

I have a problem with this mod. Having to install all the files manually on a mac, I’ve not found a mod manager to work properly with mac file system yet. Now I get no more floating icons showing goods routes, and out of a possible 40 industry sites on a small map, only 4 or 5 are actually producing anything, and these are only making 1 unit a year. I’ve tried starting in 1850, 1900 and 1950 but I still get very few active industries and very low output rates.

sprool
    Participant

Ok I now understand the manufacturing model a bit more, I did not think it was possible to stimulate dormant industries but I see if you create a demand with an infrastructure then the manufacturing can be coaxed into starting.

It would be good to get more than just the domestic goods supply chain, so that steel,or wood, for example, can be used to make different things to supply into the towns.

douglas
    Participant

You should ready the Train Fever Interactive Guide to understand the basics.
    Industries ONLY produce when there is demand. If industries are not linked with cities, they produce nothing. If they are not linked with suppliers, they produce nothing.
    This is what makes Cargo Mod very hard, since you need to establish the entire chain first before getting any good. And until they produce enough to be profitable you have to take years or even decades of losses.

Yeol
    Participant

This Cargo Mod is possibly one of the best mods out there for Train Fever! Great challenge! Very enjoyable puzzle to get the chain working.

Just one detail remark: the “Steel Mill” should be called “Iron Works” because it produces the iron pegs, and  the name is confusing with the existing “Steel Works” which produces the actual steel. (Initially I hooked it up wrongly because of the confusing name)

Again, great mod, a must-have for all challenge seekers.

Kethevin
    Participant

I am having difficulty using this mod with the USA dlc, the vehicles (trains and trucks both) do not recognize the cargo.   Is there another version to work with the new content?

Thanks.

Gwinda
    Participant

The way cargo is handled in the game, each model needs to specifically support each cargo type. I haven’t modified the cargo mod for the USA DLC. I will put it on my list if there is any interest…

QBABQ
    Participant

Hi everyone 🙂 I know, that now we have 2018 and this topic is from 2014… :p But is anyone here, who can upload this mod? I can’t play Transport Fever, but I would really like to play with lots of options in industry on my Train Fever…

Thanks a lot 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.