Cargo not being picked up by 1 train

Home Forums General Discussion Cargo not being picked up by 1 train

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cabdouch
    Participant

Howdy all,

I have been learning this game for about a week now, checking forums, websites, and videos.

One weird problem I am having.

I have a Train 1 with Coal and Good cars. It goes to Cargo Station 1 and picks up coal, then takes the coal to Cargo Station 2 and drops it off, then picks up Goods, and takes those to Cargo Station 3.

Everything working well. Both Coal and Steel mill grow quickly to 60-100, but I noticed that some coal is going by road still, and assume that it does not want to wait for the train (Possibly the 20-minute rule I have heard of?)

I have other trains hauling goods from Cargo Station 2, so I really don’t need another train running the same route.

So I build Train 2 with just Coal cars to service between Cargo Station 1 (Coal) and Cargo Station 2 (Steel Mill) and it just bounces back and forth not ever picking up Coal.

Eventually, Train 1 comes and picks up the Coal and takes it on its way. But Train 2 will never pick up Coal, and I still have some moving by hand,

I have verified I put Coal Cars on the Train and not Ore Cars.

Does Train 2 have to also haul Goods to pick up Coal?

Thank you,

cabdouch
    Participant

After several looks back and forth, Train 2 has started picking up Coal. Didn’t do anything to fix it, but perhaps there is something else going on.

Thank you anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.