Cargo problem

Home Forums Support Cargo problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Instilation00
    Participant

I need a little help here. Whenever I play, I am only able to make money off of transporting passengers, and no cargo is ever seen being transported. I am new to this game and Don’t really understand how the system works. Also, I am using the Cargo Mod.

pantner
    Participant

I would take off the mod for now, get working in the normal game before you start messing with it.

for an industry to start production it needs a supply of raw materials and transport to a city.

If you only link Oil to an Oil refinery and there is no transport to get the “goods” to a city then it won’t do anything.

The “demand” for goods from the factory directly increases it’s production. The raw materials will then increase their production to meet the factory’s requirements.

Hopefully that makes sense. You should also check out the Guide that was posted here, it has a lot of good information.

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/train-fever-interactive-guide/

Instilation00
    Participant

Alright, but I don’t exactly know how to link of industries. Like I said, I am new to this game.

pantner
    Participant

either with a train with the correct wagon (some only take oil, some only wood, some iron/coal) or a cargo “truck” (or horse drawn carriage) with either a cargo depot or a train cargo platform.

have a read through the guide I posted too, it will explain a lot that you need to know.

Instilation00
    Participant

alright, but whenever I place down a truck stop next to a factory, it still says not connected to line. Also, ever since I got the game, with or without cargo mod, I never see anything being transported.

pantner
    Participant

basically, you need to meet a number of requirements before a factory will start using your train/cargo line. It is based on many things, access to raw materials, demand from a city and transport time.

Instilation00
    Participant

So if I wanted to make oil but need crude oil, I would have to make a station at each one before it would start transporting

pantner
    Participant

Yes, you need to give the refinery the Oil, you also *need* to give the refinery access to a city. It will only produce if there is a demand for it from a city.

The order is the opposite of the way people think… A Factory will only start to produce if it has a decent link to a City to give it’s goods. A “mine” (ie, oil) will only give the raw material if the factory it has a decent link to is producing.

Most people would think the other way, you deliver goods to a factory that it blindly turns into goods and then you pass it on to a city.

Instilation00
    Participant

okay, thanks

Bansheedragon
    Participant

I have had some issues with cargo transporting as well.

Today I set up a train station by a logging camp, connected that to a train station as a sawmill, which was connected to a city.

I set up 1 train to transport wood to the sawmill and 1 to transport goods to the city.

It sat there for 5 years, and not once was anything delivered to the station, and the logging camp was listed as not being connected to a line.

I then tried replacing the train station with a truck station, and all of a suddenly production went up to max, the logging camp was listed ans connected to a line now and wood was being delivered.

When I tried to replace the truck station with a train station production was still maxed, but nothing was being delivered, and the logging camp was again listed as not connected.

I have tried this several times in several games with various industries, yet no matter what I do, its as if train stations are not acceptable as pickup points, only truck stations.

I dont want to use trucks, I want to use trains, so why cant I use trains?

Why am I forced to use something I dont want to use?

pantner
    Participant

stupid question… you are using cargo platforms and not passenger platforms, right?

Bansheedragon
    Participant

stupid question… you are using cargo platforms and not passenger platforms, right?

DOH!!!

Thanks for asking the stupid question, I never thought of that but now that you mention it I actually have used passenger platforms.

That explains everything.

I suppose that means I have to build a separate cargo station at the city where I want to deliver the end product as well then, or will any station do?

pantner
    Participant

haha, glad we worked it out 🙂

yes, if you use rail for passengers and for goods you will need 2 stations, one for each.

A little annoying, but I guess it’s more realistic?

Bansheedragon
    Participant

Will the goods be automatically distributed in the city or do I need to drive them around the city as well, like with passengers?

RickD
    Participant

They are automatically distributed, and while you have to build separate stations you can build them right next to one another so it looks like only one station

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.