cargo route head banging problems

Home Forums General Discussion cargo route head banging problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so I have a coal and iron ore line going to a steel mill which has 2 cities to supply. It was up to 55 production after a few years when all of a sudden the coal mine stops using the line. It’s a train line with 2 trains and the wait time is 7 minutes. I don’t understand why at first it’s ok and then it’s not. The cargo isn’t going anywhere else it just stops using the line. It started using it again after the production went down to hardly nothing again and got back up to 22 and it stopped again. If anyone can please shed some light on this please respond. Thank you 🙂

gcampono
    Participant

It is indeed a strange behaviour. Have you a “wait for full load” policy ? If yes frequencies may vary and arrive at a certain point above the 20 minutes line or another coal mill becomes more interesting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

No I haven’t tried that yet. I shall try that and see what happens. There is another coal mine nearby. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve been playing this for a while just still having some issues with cargo XD

isidoro
    Participant

Another suggestion is to make the cargo packets visible and see if the city at the end of the chain is served by other means.  Sometimes cargo packets actually “walks” to its destination if feasible.  And if demand of the steel mill or the cities is served by other means, your coal mine isn’t needed…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.